On Oscar nomination morning one of the biggest surprises for me was that The Master won 3 nominations in acting and none elsewhere. That after a disappointing showing with the Screen Actors Guild which had suggested that maybe actors didn't completely warm to it.
So it got me to thinking about Oscar players that only won acting nominations... and three or more no less.
The first and only similar case that came to mind without research was the alzheimers biopic drama Iris (2001) which also won three acting nods (Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, and Jim Broadbent) ...and nothing else. It went on to win Best Supporting Actor for Jim Broadbent who was having a great year having also starred in two other Oscar players that year - Bridget Jones Diary and Moulin Rouge!. This little tidbit is sometimes forgotten now but Iris was actually a quartet (unlike The Master's trio) and the »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsKate Winslet
- More Images From "Divergent" (From SneakPeek. 15 March 2014, 7:46 PM, PDT)
- 6 Stars Who Divorced Twice... Before Hitting 40 (From newser. 15 March 2014, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- The Rocket, Under The Skin, The Zero Theorem: this week's new films (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- 'Paddington' trailer is "beary" nice (From Upcoming-Movies.com. 8 March 2014, 11:13 PM, PST)
- Twenty Twelve follow-up W1A will premiere on March 19 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 March 2014, 6:22 AM, PST)
- Mourn your lost childhood with new 'Paddington' teaser trailer (From Hitfix. 5 March 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Newsflash: 'Divergent's' Theo James is a bonafide movie star (From Hitfix. 15 March 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Colman and Tom Hollander on Rev - the sitcom that has them rolling in the pews (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- '12 Years a Slave' Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong'o Eyed for 'Star Wars 7' (From MovieWeb. 14 March 2014, 5:06 PM, PDT)