Conrad Bain is dead at age 89. TMZ reports that the actor, best-known for his long run as father Phillip Drummond on "Diff'rent Strokes," died Monday night in Livermore, Calif. While details are scant, Jennifer Bain, the actor's daughter, confirmed the news to the website, saying: "He was an amazing person. He was a lot like Mr. Drummond, but much more interesting in real life. He was an amazing father."
Bain appeared on 179 episodes of the landmark "Diff'rent Strokes" sitcom, which ran from 1978 to 1986. Bain played a Manhattan millionaire who adopted the children of his former household maid, an African American. The children were notably played by child stars Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges and Dano Plato.
The actor's last television performance was a guest stint on CBS' "Unforgetable," in 2011. »
- Youyoung Lee
Similar News ItemsGary Coleman (I)
- An Ode to Edna: 5 of Marcia Wallace's best Simpsons appearances (From Shadowlocked. 1 November 2013, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- 'The League' Season 5: Paul Scheer talks Andre's wedding, Fxx and 'ArScheerio Paul' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 September 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Here Comes A New Season Of 'Honey Boo Boo' (From Huffington Post. 15 July 2013, 1:29 PM, PDT)
"Diff'rent Strokes" (1978)
- Starz Intros New Encore Channels To Tap Into African American & Latino Audiences (From Indiewire Television. 11 November 2013, 1:24 PM, PST)
- 10 Things About Robin Thicke To Discuss Other Than His Vma Performance (From Huffington Post. 28 August 2013, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Todd Bridges On Healing From Sexual Abuse (From Huffington Post. 20 August 2013, 7:47 AM, PDT)
Todd Bridges (I)
- Todd Bridges Will Star As A Door-To-Door Salesman w/ Big Screen Dreams In 'The Filmmaker' (From ShadowAndAct. 25 September 2013, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Why We Love Michael J. Fox (From Fandango. 24 September 2013, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 1 September 2013, 1:53 PM, PDT)