Conrad Bain is dead at age 89. TMZ reports that the actor, best-known for his long run as father Phillip Drummond on "Diff'rent Strokes," died Monday night in Livermore, Calif. While details are scant, Jennifer Bain, the actor's daughter, confirmed the news to the website, saying: "He was an amazing person. He was a lot like Mr. Drummond, but much more interesting in real life. He was an amazing father."
Bain appeared on 179 episodes of the landmark "Diff'rent Strokes" sitcom, which ran from 1978 to 1986. Bain played a Manhattan millionaire who adopted the children of his former household maid, an African American. The children were notably played by child stars Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges and Dano Plato.
The actor's last television performance was a guest stint on CBS' "Unforgetable," in 2011. »
- Youyoung Lee
Similar News ItemsGary Coleman (I)
- Triumph and Jack McBrayer’s new Adult Swim show is going to be dirty (From Hitfix. 9 August 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- 10 Comics to Watch: Greg Poehler’s Standup Is Huge in ‘Sweden’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Tammy Review (From We Got This Covered. 1 July 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)
"Diff'rent Strokes" (1978)
- 'Paddington' Interview with Director Paul King | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 14 January 2015, 3:54 PM, PST)
- Kevin Hart on the time Oprah imprisoned him in his own house (From Hitfix. 14 January 2015, 11:13 AM, PST)
- Former Miss America Mary Ann Mobley Dies at 77 (From E! Online. 10 December 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
Todd Bridges (I)
- Film Review: ‘An Open Secret’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 November 2014, 6:55 PM, PST)
- Hollywood Sex Abuse Doc ‘Not Likely’ to Get Distribution, Says Director (From Variety - Film News. 14 November 2014, 10:13 PM, PST)
- Michael Davis: The Milestone Contract (From Comicmix. 3 November 2014, 3:10 PM, PST)