CBS’ veteran NCIS continued to show those younger programs who’s boss.
NCIS delivered 22.3 million viewers — the second biggest audience in the show’s 10-season history — along with a hearty and time-period-winning 3.8 rating. The drama was also up 9 percent from last week’s hour.
Unfortunately, the NCIS performance was a lonely bright spot in last night’s numbers. Most shows were flat or down with last week. Even NCIS: La dipped 10 percent despite having a stronger lead-in this week.
The most wince-inducing number: Fox’s New Girl — 3.6 million viewers and a 1.9 rating. That’s dipping 5 percent and sinking below a 2.0 rating to a series low. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Key & Peele will end after this current season (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2015, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Television that Home Video Forgot: Crossballs: The Debate Show (2004) (From SoundOnSight. 25 July 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Emmys exclusive: Which episodes are submitted by Andre Braugher ('Brooklyn Nine-Nine') and Ty Burrell ('Modern Family')? (From Gold Derby. 24 July 2015, 3:05 PM, PDT)
"Private Practice" (2007)
- Television that Home Video Forgot: Jack & Bobby (2004) (From SoundOnSight. 11 July 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Suits Scoop: Scrubs Nurse Is Harvey Specter's New Secretary (From TVLine.com. 30 June 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Taye Diggs Lights Up the Internet in Glittery First Look at ‘Hedwig’ (Photo) (From The Wrap. 24 June 2015, 7:01 PM, PDT)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Empire, Supernatural, NCIS: La, B99, The Middle, H50 and More (From TVLine.com. 27 July 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Lineup: ‘CSI’ Farewell Event & More (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Supergirl Video: Why Are the Good Guys Trying to Blow Up Kara? (From TVLine.com. 24 July 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)