CBS’ veteran NCIS continued to show those younger programs who’s boss.
NCIS delivered 22.3 million viewers — the second biggest audience in the show’s 10-season history — along with a hearty and time-period-winning 3.8 rating. The drama was also up 9 percent from last week’s hour.
Unfortunately, the NCIS performance was a lonely bright spot in last night’s numbers. Most shows were flat or down with last week. Even NCIS: La dipped 10 percent despite having a stronger lead-in this week.
The most wince-inducing number: Fox’s New Girl — 3.6 million viewers and a 1.9 rating. That’s dipping 5 percent and sinking below a 2.0 rating to a series low. »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Taylor Swift's Top 7 Besties of 2014, Ranked (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Sofía Vergara on Anti-Aging: I'd Put Cement Around My Eyes If It Stopped Wrinkles (From E! Online. 23 December 2014, 8:45 AM, PST)
- No, Cam and Mitch on 'Modern Family' are not 'the gay equivalent of blackface' (From Hitfix. 22 December 2014, 3:21 PM, PST)
"Private Practice" (2007)
- Broadway’s ‘Lady Day’ Will Air on HBO (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2014, 10:42 AM, PST)
- Shonda Rhimes Selected for Writers Guild’s Paddy Chayefsky Award (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2014, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Watch: New ‘The Face Of Love’ Clip With Annette Benning & Ed Harris (From The Hollywood News. 12 December 2014, 3:45 AM, PST)
- NCIS Season 12,Episode 11 Two New Spoiler Clips Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 25 December 2014, 12:01 PM, PST)
- TV Ratings: NBC's 'One Direction: The TV Special' fizzles as CBS, ABC split Tuesday (From Hitfix. 24 December 2014, 8:47 AM, PST)
- Ratings: Shrek and Toy Story Top Tuesday, Silence One Direction (From TVLine.com. 24 December 2014, 8:46 AM, PST)