Director/Writer: Ari Folman
U.S. Distributor: Rights Available
Folman’s brilliant anti-war film that merged animation and docu worlds for a hallucinatory experience. Waltz with Bashir appears to have served as a great template for Folma’s next work which he has been hard at work now for more than two years.
Gist: An aging, out-of-work actress (Wright) accepts one last job, though the consequences of her decision affect her in ways she didn’t consider.
Release Date: Cannes Film Festival Main Competition showing is in the cards.
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsPaul Giamatti
- Telluride Film Review: ‘Madame Bovary’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- Competition: Win 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' (From CineVue. 31 August 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 29 August 2014, 5:20 AM, PDT)
Robin Wright (V)
- Review: Robin Wright at "The Congress" (From FilmExperience. 30 August 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Review: The Congress (From Slackerwood. 29 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Review: Ari Folman's 'The Congress' Starring Robin Wright (From The Playlist. 28 August 2014, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes crosses $600 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 31 August 2014, 11:15 PM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- The Congress Review (From Collider.com. 28 August 2014, 9:02 PM, PDT)