Today Disney Interactive made their ambitious video game and toy hybrid project Disney Infinity official, almost 18 months after Activision and Toys For Bob first announced Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and unintentionally gave birth to a new genre of gaming.
At first glace Disney Infinity looks like a Skylanders concept ripoff. Using a device called the Infinity base that looks like a pancaked Portal of Power, players can place their Disney and Pixar figures - seventeen are expected to be available at launch - onto it and watch them magically come to life in the game. It's pretty straightforward and nothing you haven't seen before.
From here is where Disney Infinity and the Skylanders franchise start to differ dramatically. Infinity is built around two different gameplay patterns. The first involves one of several "Play Sets" that are geared toward a particular Disney or Pixar property. Think Skylanders Adventure packs. At launch there »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Is Star Trek Returning to TV? (From Cinelinx. 28 March 2015, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- 10 Zombie Films You Should Die Before You See (From Obsessed with Film. 28 March 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Reflects ‘Spirit of the TV Show,’ Simon Pegg Says (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
Toy Story 3 (2010)
- The 83rd Academy Awards: If I had been a voter (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 March 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Tff 2015: Tribeca Film Festival Announce Tribeca Talks Series Line-Up (From The Hollywood News. 20 March 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Toy Story 4' Finds John Lasseter a Co-Director (From MovieWeb. 12 March 2015, 9:35 AM, PDT)
Monsters University (2013)
- 'The Bfg': Steven Spielberg Casts Bill Hader as a Giant (From MovieWeb. 27 March 2015, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- What's in a Trailer Viewc Do Viewing Records Even Matterc (From Rope Of Silicon. 20 March 2015, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- 'Firefly' Stars Fillion & Tudyk Reunite for Web Series (From MovieWeb. 11 March 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)