Today Disney Interactive made their ambitious video game and toy hybrid project Disney Infinity official, almost 18 months after Activision and Toys For Bob first announced Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and unintentionally gave birth to a new genre of gaming.
At first glace Disney Infinity looks like a Skylanders concept ripoff. Using a device called the Infinity base that looks like a pancaked Portal of Power, players can place their Disney and Pixar figures - seventeen are expected to be available at launch - onto it and watch them magically come to life in the game. It's pretty straightforward and nothing you haven't seen before.
From here is where Disney Infinity and the Skylanders franchise start to differ dramatically. Infinity is built around two different gameplay patterns. The first involves one of several "Play Sets" that are geared toward a particular Disney or Pixar property. Think Skylanders Adventure packs. At launch there »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' preview: The heart is a lonely bounty hunter (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 December 2014, 2:08 PM, PST)
- Christmas harder! Man sets his holiday lights to epic Star Wars medley (From Hitfix. 18 December 2014, 1:57 PM, PST)
- Watch: R2-D2 and Chopper Star in Lucasfilm's Adorable 2014 Holiday Card (From Movies.com. 18 December 2014, 1:20 PM, PST)
Toy Story 3 (2010)
- The X Factor 2014 final: Ben Haenow wins – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 December 2014, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Oscars Best Picture: 7 Underdogs That Could Benefit from Preferential Ballot (From Variety - Film News. 12 December 2014, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Toy Story That Time Forgot Review (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2014, 12:47 PM, PST)
Monsters University (2013)
- Watch: Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Will Give You All the Feels (From Fandango. 10 December 2014, 11:59 AM, PST)
- Watch: New, Full Trailer for Pixar's 'Inside Out' (From Rope Of Silicon. 10 December 2014, 8:51 AM, PST)
- The Boxtrolls leads Annie Award nominations with 13 nods (From Flickeringmyth. 1 December 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)