UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 11th to Sunday 13th January 2013...
Boosted by £1.38m from two days of preview screenings, Tom Hooper's adaptation of the musical extravaganza Les Miserables debuted in first place at the UK box office this past weekend, pulling in £8.12m to shatter the previous record opening for a musical held by Mamma Mia! on £6.59m, as well securing the biggest January release on these shores. Meanwhile fellow new release Gangster Squad could only manage third place with £2.09m as Ang Lee's Life of Pi climbed one place to second in its fourth weekend on screens.
Having dominated the chart for the past few weeks, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey slipped three places to fourth, the fantasy epic having banked a total of £48.49m to date, while The Impossible also fell three to fifth in its second weekend. Thanks to four days of preview screenings, »
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Quentin Tarantino Still Open To The Idea Of Directing ‘Star Trek’ (From The Playlist. 24 September 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Would Quentin Tarantino Really Make A Star Trek Movie? Here’s What He Said (From Cinema Blend. 23 September 2017, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- For Star Trek, Quentin Tarantino Might Direct An Extra Movie (From Screen Rant. 22 September 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Vice Principals Season 2 Premiere Review and Recap (From TVovermind.com. 20 September 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Lara Croft Returns in Official Trailer for New Tomb Raider Movie (From DailyDead. 19 September 2017, 10:57 PM, PDT)
- First Tomb Raider Reboot Footage Has Lara Croft Back in Action (From MovieWeb. 18 September 2017, 10:32 AM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’ is Rumored to Be the Longest Blockbuster Since ‘Interstellar’ (From Indiewire. 30 August 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- "StartUp" - Welcome To The 'Darknet' (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros., Tolkien Estate Settle Massive ‘Lord of the Rings’ Lawsuit (From Variety - Film News. 3 July 2017, 7:39 AM, PDT)