Ubisoft and New Regency have found a writer for their "Assassin's Creed" movie. While we've known for quite some time that Michael Fassbender would star in and produce the adaptation of Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, it turns out a relatively unknown British playwright will be putting pen to paper.
According to Heat Vision, Ubisoft and New Regency have chosen Michael Lesslie to adapt the story of a bartender who's been kidnapped by an evil corporation and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors – all of whom are assassins.
Lesslie doesn't have any feature film credits, but he has written several short films, including 2012's "Skirt."
Moving forward, New Regency and Ubisoft will be on the hunt for a director, along with more producers to join Fassbender and Conor McCaughan. Ubisoft also has Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" in the works with Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises") setfor the lead as Sam Fisher. »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Christian Bale's Batman Suit From The Dark Knight Sells For $250K (From ComicBookMovie. 29 September 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Final trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story attached to Marvel’s Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2016, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story character descriptions for Moroff, Pao and two new Stormtroopers (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2016, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- San Diego International Film Festival: Five Days of Screenings, People, and Parties (From Variety - Film News. 28 September 2016, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Viola Davis Set to Steal the Show in Steve McQueen’s Heist Thriller ‘Widows’ (From Indiewire. 27 September 2016, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Difficult Chapter, Tough Choices for Oscar Voters (From Variety - Film News. 27 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- NBC teams with Tom Hardy for adaptation of Image Comics’ Trees (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- NBCUniversal Looks to Grow ‘Trees,’ ‘Pendulum’ With Tom Hardy (From Variety - TV News. 26 September 2016, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- NBCU Intl Plants ‘Trees’ & Swings ‘Pendulum’; Options Properties For Tom Hardy’s Hardy Son & Baker (From Deadline TV. 26 September 2016, 9:11 AM, PDT)