Ubisoft and New Regency have found a writer for their "Assassin's Creed" movie. While we've known for quite some time that Michael Fassbender would star in and produce the adaptation of Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, it turns out a relatively unknown British playwright will be putting pen to paper.
According to Heat Vision, Ubisoft and New Regency have chosen Michael Lesslie to adapt the story of a bartender who's been kidnapped by an evil corporation and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors – all of whom are assassins.
Lesslie doesn't have any feature film credits, but he has written several short films, including 2012's "Skirt."
Moving forward, New Regency and Ubisoft will be on the hunt for a director, along with more producers to join Fassbender and Conor McCaughan. Ubisoft also has Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" in the works with Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises") setfor the lead as Sam Fisher. »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News ItemsMichael Fassbender
- Dazzler Will Appear In The Upcoming ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ Film (From The Playlist. 24 June 2017, 7:12 AM, PDT)
- Dazzler Confirmed To Appear In X-Men: Dark Phoenix (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Dazzler to appear in X-Men: Dark Phoenix (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 12:09 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- 'Transformers 5' Opens with Franchise Low as 'Wonder Woman' Surpasses 'Batman v Superman' Domestically (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 25 June 2017, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy Gets A Trailer Black Panther Style (From LRM Online. 23 June 2017, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Why Josh Harnett Said No to Nolan's Batman Trilogy (From MovieWeb. 21 June 2017, 5:44 PM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- Charlize Theron Unleashes Backseat Mayhem In New ‘Atomic Blonde’ Clip (From The Playlist. 26 June 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Tom Holland Also Doesn't Believe His Spider-Man Will Appear In Venom, But Would Like To (From LRM Online. 26 June 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 Will Have More McU Connections (From MovieWeb. 25 June 2017, 5:30 PM, PDT)