Ubisoft and New Regency have found a writer for their "Assassin's Creed" movie. While we've known for quite some time that Michael Fassbender would star in and produce the adaptation of Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, it turns out a relatively unknown British playwright will be putting pen to paper.
According to Heat Vision, Ubisoft and New Regency have chosen Michael Lesslie to adapt the story of a bartender who's been kidnapped by an evil corporation and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors – all of whom are assassins.
Lesslie doesn't have any feature film credits, but he has written several short films, including 2012's "Skirt."
Moving forward, New Regency and Ubisoft will be on the hunt for a director, along with more producers to join Fassbender and Conor McCaughan. Ubisoft also has Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" in the works with Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises") setfor the lead as Sam Fisher. »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- HBO's Scorsese-Jagger Drama Books Juno Temple (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 March 2014, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- New images from Disney's Maleficent (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Short List of Directors for Doctor Strange Revealed (From Dread Central. 12 March 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Rooney Mara Cast As Tiger Lily In ‘Pan’ (From LatinoReview. 13 March 2014, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- The Counsellor (Extended Cut) Movie Review, Trailer, Pictures & News (From Sky Movies. 13 March 2014, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: 'X-Men' Armed Up (Photo); Remakes of '80s Faves 'Explorers' and 'Something Wicked' Coming (From Movies.com. 13 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- This Video Series on Adopted Pets and Their Humans Will Melt Your Heart (From Movies.com. 13 March 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- BBC Films & Shine Pictures Pick Up Film Rights For Tom Rob Smith’s ‘The Farm’ (From The Hollywood News. 13 March 2014, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- EA Aims to Correct Missteps in Vidgame-to-Film Adaptations With ‘Need for Speed’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)