Ubisoft and New Regency have found a writer for their "Assassin's Creed" movie. While we've known for quite some time that Michael Fassbender would star in and produce the adaptation of Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, it turns out a relatively unknown British playwright will be putting pen to paper.
According to Heat Vision, Ubisoft and New Regency have chosen Michael Lesslie to adapt the story of a bartender who's been kidnapped by an evil corporation and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors – all of whom are assassins.
Lesslie doesn't have any feature film credits, but he has written several short films, including 2012's "Skirt."
Moving forward, New Regency and Ubisoft will be on the hunt for a director, along with more producers to join Fassbender and Conor McCaughan. Ubisoft also has Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" in the works with Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises") setfor the lead as Sam Fisher. »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Mad Max: Fury Road before and after VFX shots (From Flickeringmyth. 1 June 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- The Justice League movie that never was (From Den of Geek. 29 May 2015, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Comic book movies, and the exposition dump (From Den of Geek. 28 May 2015, 10:06 PM, PDT)
- 'Macbeth' Director Justin Kurzel Finds 'Haven' (From The Playlist. 3 June 2015, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- ‘Macbeth’ Creative Team Justin Kurzel and Michael Lesslie Find ‘Haven’ Together (From Deadline. 3 June 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Best Films of 2015 so far (part 2) (From SoundOnSight. 2 June 2015, 9:31 PM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- Tom Hardy would appreciate it if more movies would treat women like people (From Hitfix. 3 June 2015, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Experiencing Vera by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 3 June 2015, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hardy's Old MySpace Photos Are Pure Internet Gold—Drop Everything and Check Them Out! (From E! Online. 2 June 2015, 10:37 AM, PDT)