Ubisoft and New Regency have found a writer for their "Assassin's Creed" movie. While we've known for quite some time that Michael Fassbender would star in and produce the adaptation of Ubisoft's best-selling franchise, it turns out a relatively unknown British playwright will be putting pen to paper.
According to Heat Vision, Ubisoft and New Regency have chosen Michael Lesslie to adapt the story of a bartender who's been kidnapped by an evil corporation and forced to relive the lives of his ancestors – all of whom are assassins.
Lesslie doesn't have any feature film credits, but he has written several short films, including 2012's "Skirt."
Moving forward, New Regency and Ubisoft will be on the hunt for a director, along with more producers to join Fassbender and Conor McCaughan. Ubisoft also has Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" in the works with Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises") setfor the lead as Sam Fisher. »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Zack Snyder shares new DC / Star Wars mash-up (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2016, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story gets a new Chinese trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2016, 8:50 AM, PST)
- New clip, featurette, TV spot and potential Darth Vader spoiler for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2016, 1:40 AM, PST)
- Streets Of Rage, Altered Beast moving from games to the movies (From Den of Geek. 5 December 2016, 12:17 PM, PST)
- Best of 2016: The 7 Hottest Movie Couples That Made Us Swoon and Sweat (From E! Online. 5 December 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)
- The Cast Of Justin Kurzel's Assassin's Creed Discuss Breaking The Video Game Film Curse (From ComicBookMovie. 5 December 2016, 4:33 AM, PST)
Tom Hardy (I)
- The Many Different Faces Of Jessica Chastain: From Miss Sloane To Zero Dark Thirty (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 December 2016, 8:58 AM, PST)
- Seven-minute prologue for Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk attached to 70mm IMAX screenings of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2016, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Dunkirk sneak peek before ‘Rogue One?’ (From The Hollywood News. 6 December 2016, 2:42 AM, PST)