But the most important news of all: "Season three will focus on a new case, which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes." It's right there in the official announcement, they swear!
The announcement also provides a clue to what that new case will be: "A year after closing the Rosie Larsen case, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind."
She tried to get out, and they pulled her back in! Just like "The Killing's" audience.
Filming for Season 3 begins Feb. »
Similar News ItemsJoel Kinnaman
- Isabel Lucas Confirms She Is In Terrence Malick's 'Knight of Cups,' Says Film Will Be Out In 2015 (From The Playlist. 24 April 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- The Killing: The Final Season to Hit Netflix August 1 (From Comingsoon.net. 24 April 2014)
- Antonio Banderas Thinks He's Made The Cut Of Terrence Malick's 'Knight Of Cups,' Barely Remembers Shooting It (From The Playlist. 23 April 2014, 8:22 AM, PDT)
"The Killing" (2011)
- ‘True Detective’ Sets UK Blu-Ray & DVD Release Date (From The Hollywood News. 24 April 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- 'The Killing' will be back in August on Netflix (From Hitfix. 24 April 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Sets August 1st Premiere for Fourth (and Final) Season of 'The Killing' (From Indiewire. 24 April 2014, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Will Release The Killing’s Final Season This Summer (From We Got This Covered. 24 April 2014, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- 'The Killing' final season gets Netflix release date (From EW.com - Inside TV. 24 April 2014, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Premiere Dates Set For Netflix’s ‘The Killing’, A&E’s ‘Longmire’ (From Deadline TV. 24 April 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)