Zap2it: There was so much talk about "Cougar Town" possibly changing its title while it was on ABC, are you glad that the show kept it, especially now that it has moved to TBS?
Courteney Cox: I loved the fact that we named it that at the beginning, because it was racy and bold, but I also knew that it was never going to be a show about me and younger guys. It was very clear from the beginning that I was going to have an attraction to my neighbor, but I thought the title was fine.
Some people got so turned off by that name, though, that we started talking about changing it in the hope of getting people to ask, "What? What's 'Cougar Town'?" It would bring more awareness to the show, but people also could choose what they wanted it to be called. »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Aniston
- 5 Stars Who Started in Horror Movies (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 October 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- It’s A Bad Day At The Office In New Banner Poster For Horrible Bosses 2 (From We Got This Covered. 20 October 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Banner Sets Up a Risky Kidnapping Scheme (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2014, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Did David Arquette Break Off Engagement To Christina McLarty? (From Uinterview. 19 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran Talks Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, "They're Really Normal, They Give You Faith" (From Us Weekly. 16 October 2014, 10:54 PM, PDT)
- 'Friends' Is Coming to Netflix! (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 October 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
"Cougar Town" (2009)
- Win a Blu-ray Copy of Free Fall from ShockYa! (From ShockYa. 21 October 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- American Dad on TBS: What to Expect From the Big Move (Besides F-Bombs) (From TVLine.com. 20 October 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: The It Crowd Gets U.S. Remake, Lost Vet to Thrones and More (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2014, 11:55 AM, PDT)