Chances are good that Anne Hathaway will be boasting “Oscar-winner” next to her name by the end of next month, seeing how she’s a front-runner to be dubbed Best Supporting Actress in Les Misérables by the Academy.
She’s aiming to avoid the infamous post-Oscars win slump, by circling a relatively prestigious new cinematic take on William Shakespeare’s play The Taming of the Shrew. This version is being scripted by Abi Morgan, co-writer of Shame, the sole screenwriter on The Iron Lady and creator of the Golden Globe-nominated mini-series The Hour.
The Wrap is reporting that Morgan’s Taming of the Shrew project is being backed by Working Title Films, the studio behind Les Miz, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Joe Wright’s Oscar-nominated Anna Karenina (among numerous other lauded period dramas). Moreover, Universal has ...
Click to continue reading Anne Hathaway Starring in New ‘Taming of the Shrew »
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- World of Children Awards 2017 Announces Honorees (From Look to the Stars. 22 September 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn Claims Making a Cameo in 'Ocean's Eight' Came With a Cost (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Taking The 'High' Road: The Best Stoned Celebrity Confessions Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Abi Morgan's female lawyer series 'The Split' casts up (From ScreenDaily. 28 June 2017, 4:58 AM, PDT)
- Carrie Coon joins Steven McQueen’s Widows (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Carey Mulligan to Star in War Correspondent Movie ‘On the Other Side’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 June 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
The Iron Lady (2011)
- ‘It’ and the Oscars: The One Shot the Horror Blockbuster Has at Becoming a Nominee (From Indiewire. 11 September 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Tina Turner Stage Musical in the Works from Director Phyllida Lloyd and Writer Katori Hall (From Women and Hollywood. 15 August 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones: Of Course You Know Who Plays Archmaester Marwyn! (From BuzzSugar. 17 July 2017, 1:55 PM, PDT)