Sam Raimi’s forthcoming Wizard Of Oz prequel, Oz: The Great & Powerful, should see the original film given a new lease of life after a new generation of fans are introduced to L. Frank Baum’s ‘wonderful wizard’ by the Spider-man director. Disney are the studio behind this latest effort, as James Franco’s fraud Kanas magician is whisked away to the magical land of Oz and becomes it’s unlikely saviour from the powers of evil.
We’ll be able to look behind the curtain when the film is released in cinemas from the 8th March. In the meantime, check out this stunning new TV spot from Raimi’s fantasy co-starring Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Zach Braff and Bruce Campbell.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Stephen King's Greatest Film and TV Adaptations, Ranked! (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 June 2017, 8:14 PM, PDT)
- Paramount, Lorne Michaels Developing Autism Book ‘Neurotribes’ as Movie (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 June 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Ashton Kutcher on His First Kiss With Mila Kunis: "She Was Like My Little Sister" (From Popsugar. 22 June 2017, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- Ashton Kutcher Admits He & Mila Kunis Have ‘Nightmares’ About Cheating On Each Other (From HollywoodLife. 22 June 2017, 8:17 AM, PDT)
- Ashton Kutcher Says His Daughter Understands Three Languages — But His Son Is Still Working on ‘Papa’ (From PEOPLE.com. 22 June 2017, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Looking Back: 'Spider-Man 2' is Still One of the Best Comic Book Movies (From FirstShowing.net. 23 June 2017, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Looking Back at James Cameron’s Aborted Spider-Man Movie (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Edgar Wright Stands In Solidarity With Phil Lord And Christopher Miller Over Han Solo (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2017, 7:12 AM, PDT)