Sam Raimi’s forthcoming Wizard Of Oz prequel, Oz: The Great & Powerful, should see the original film given a new lease of life after a new generation of fans are introduced to L. Frank Baum’s ‘wonderful wizard’ by the Spider-man director. Disney are the studio behind this latest effort, as James Franco’s fraud Kanas magician is whisked away to the magical land of Oz and becomes it’s unlikely saviour from the powers of evil.
We’ll be able to look behind the curtain when the film is released in cinemas from the 8th March. In the meantime, check out this stunning new TV spot from Raimi’s fantasy co-starring Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Zach Braff and Bruce Campbell.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Franco Paints 'This Is The End' Mural (From Huffington Post. 19 May 2013, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- 6 Guilty Pleasure Film Genres (From Obsessed with Film. 19 May 2013, 2:05 AM, PDT)
- This Is The End Film Clip - "It's a Zombie Invasion" (From GeekTyrant. 18 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Evil Dead - Portugal Forgoes the Need for Obituaries (From Dread Central. 18 May 2013, 7:05 PM, PDT)
- 15 iconic movie cars: Batmobile, DeLorean, Ecto-1, Aston Martin DB5, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 May 2013, 1:34 AM, PDT)
- Reel TV: A Guide to the New Fall TV Shows Made by Big-Screen Directors (From Movies.com. 15 May 2013, 8:29 PM, PDT)
- Guillaume Canet Sees More Opportunities in English-Language Films (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2013, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- 'Blood Ties' (2013) Movie Review - Cannes Film Festival (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 May 2013, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Review: Sprawling, Uneven Crime Saga 'Blood Ties' Falls Short Of Epic Scope (From The Playlist. 19 May 2013, 11:27 AM, PDT)