Sam Raimi’s forthcoming Wizard Of Oz prequel, Oz: The Great & Powerful, should see the original film given a new lease of life after a new generation of fans are introduced to L. Frank Baum’s ‘wonderful wizard’ by the Spider-man director. Disney are the studio behind this latest effort, as James Franco’s fraud Kanas magician is whisked away to the magical land of Oz and becomes it’s unlikely saviour from the powers of evil.
We’ll be able to look behind the curtain when the film is released in cinemas from the 8th March. In the meantime, check out this stunning new TV spot from Raimi’s fantasy co-starring Michelle Williams, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Zach Braff and Bruce Campbell.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Cannes Review: James Franco Makes an Ambitious but Faltering Debut With As I Lay Dying (From BuzzSugar. 22 May 2013, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Apocalyptic Red-Band Spot for This Is The End - Tripping (From GeekTyrant. 22 May 2013, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Movie Power Rankings: The Cannes Festival takes the top spot (From Hitfix. 22 May 2013, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: R.I.P. Alexey Balabanov (1959-2013), Miyazaki's "The Wind is Rising", Hoberman on Jacobs (From MUBI. 22 May 2013, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Update on the new Poltergeist movie (From Den of Geek. 22 May 2013, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Plot Spoilers Reveal ‘Poltergeist’ Remake May Well Be A Sequel! (From The Hollywood News. 22 May 2013, 2:39 AM, PDT)
- 2013 Teen Choice Award Nominations: Twilight and Vampire Diaries Are Tops, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Square Off (From E! Online. 22 May 2013, 7:43 PM, PDT)
- 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' dominates Teen Choice Award noms (From Twilight Examiner. 22 May 2013, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced! (From Huffington Post. 22 May 2013, 11:38 AM, PDT)