Beverly Hills, Calif. -- Select "Downton Abbey" fans are in for an early viewing treat and bragging rights.
Apple said Monday that people in North America who hold iTunes season passes will be able to see this season's last three episodes of "Downton" before they air.
The period drama's second season was the best-selling TV series on iTunes last year, Apple said, without disclosing the numbers. The exclusive preview of a TV series is the first for iTunes, the company said.
The third season of "Downton Abbey" began Jan. 6 with an episode that drew nearly 8 million viewers, quadrupling PBS' average prime-time audience. The drama about British landed gentry and their household servants stars Hugh Bonneville, Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery.
Whether iTunes viewers can hold their tongues, spoilers about major plot twists »
Similar News ItemsHugh Bonneville
- Allen Leech Takes A Picture Filming 'Downton Abbey' With Michelle Dockery (From Uinterview. 23 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Did W1A really need the brilliant Olivia Colman? (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 April 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Paddington’ Gets A Blue Poster (From The Hollywood News. 7 April 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- ‘Sherlock’ One-Off Special Episode May Air Before Season 4 (From Screen Rant. 24 April 2014, 7:28 PM, PDT)
- Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 24 April 2014, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey first look: Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville film series 5 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2014, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Briefs: A New “Friday The 13th” TV Series, Meet The Live-Action “Jem,” And Jason Collins Is Influential (From The Backlot. 24 April 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- 80 Reasons Shirley MacLaine Is One-of-a-Kind, in Honor of Her 80th Birthday (From Moviefone. 24 April 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- New Glee Season 5,Episode 18 Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 23 April 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)