News Louisa Mellor Jan 15, 2013
AMC giveth, and it taketh away. With the confirmation that The Walking Dead had been granted a fourth season arrived news that Glen Mazzara, whose incumbency as showrunner coincided with a marked increase in fan satisfaction, was to leave. Mazzara will see out the remaining half of the current season, but owing to a reported "difference of opinion" about how best to approach the fourth season, that'll be his lot.
You won't need reminding that going toe to toe with showrunners is fast becoming AMC's speciality, after the inauspicious removal of Twd's original creative boss, Frank Darabont, halfway through season two, and the network's extended 'negotiations' with Mad Men's Matthew Weiner which led to an eighteen-month hiatus between seasons four and five.
Picking up the mantle for »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Gotham TV Series Gets A Rain-Soaked Logo And Synopsis (From We Got This Covered. 11 March 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Official logo and synopsis for Fox's Batman prequel series Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- First Official Plot Synopsis And Logo For Batman Series ‘Gotham’ (From The Hollywood News. 11 March 2014, 3:21 PM, PDT)
"Mad Men" (2007)
- BuzzFeed: "Mad Men Creator Matthew Weiner On The Show’s Jet-Setting Final Season" (From Televisionary. 11 March 2014, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- New ‘Mad Men’ Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew Weiner (From The Wrap. 11 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Matthew Weiner Talks About Mad Men’s Next and Final Season (From Vulture. 11 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- New Godzilla Photo, Featuring Bryan Cranston (From DailyDead. 11 March 2014, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Mondo & Phantom City Creative Give 'Godzilla' a Fiery SXSW Poster (From FirstShowing.net. 10 March 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- 10 TV Episodes You Didn’t Know Were Filmed By Famous Hollywood Directors (From Obsessed with Film. 7 March 2014, 2:54 AM, PST)