News Louisa Mellor Jan 15, 2013
AMC giveth, and it taketh away. With the confirmation that The Walking Dead had been granted a fourth season arrived news that Glen Mazzara, whose incumbency as showrunner coincided with a marked increase in fan satisfaction, was to leave. Mazzara will see out the remaining half of the current season, but owing to a reported "difference of opinion" about how best to approach the fourth season, that'll be his lot.
You won't need reminding that going toe to toe with showrunners is fast becoming AMC's speciality, after the inauspicious removal of Twd's original creative boss, Frank Darabont, halfway through season two, and the network's extended 'negotiations' with Mad Men's Matthew Weiner which led to an eighteen-month hiatus between seasons four and five.
Picking up the mantle for »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Trailer for Air Sci-Fi Film, From Creator of The Walking Dead (From Worst Previews. 28 July 2014, 1:49 AM, PDT)
- Best and Worst of Comic-Con 2014: 'Avengers,' Benedict Cumberbatch, 'Walking Dead' (From Hitfix. 28 July 2014, 12:36 AM, PDT)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Star Chad Coleman Talks Season 5, Difficult Deaths and Why He Was Cast (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 July 2014, 6:11 PM, PDT)
"Mad Men" (2007)
- Anna Camp on True Blood, Mad Men, and Why Sarah Newlin Would Be Bored With Don Draper (From Vulture. 27 July 2014, 7:18 PM, PDT)
- Watch: ‘Person of Interest’ Season 4 Sneak Peek (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Person of Interest Season 4 Trailer Teases Changed World, New Identities (From TVLine.com. 26 July 2014, 8:34 PM, PDT)
- Godzilla Blu-ray / DVD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 22 July 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
- what’s on iTunes, Amazon UK Instant Video, blinkbox, Netflix UK (from Jul 21) (From FlickFilosopher. 21 July 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Frank Darabont's 'Walking Dead' Lawsuit: About More Than Zombies, but How Much More? (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 July 2014, 7:21 AM, PDT)