News Louisa Mellor Jan 15, 2013
AMC giveth, and it taketh away. With the confirmation that The Walking Dead had been granted a fourth season arrived news that Glen Mazzara, whose incumbency as showrunner coincided with a marked increase in fan satisfaction, was to leave. Mazzara will see out the remaining half of the current season, but owing to a reported "difference of opinion" about how best to approach the fourth season, that'll be his lot.
You won't need reminding that going toe to toe with showrunners is fast becoming AMC's speciality, after the inauspicious removal of Twd's original creative boss, Frank Darabont, halfway through season two, and the network's extended 'negotiations' with Mad Men's Matthew Weiner which led to an eighteen-month hiatus between seasons four and five.
Picking up the mantle for »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Black Panther will feature a key 90s flashback (From Flickeringmyth. 16 January 2017, 1:30 AM, PST)
- ‘James Cameron’s Story of Science Fiction’ to Examine Legendary Sci-Fi Films for AMC (From Indiewire Television. 15 January 2017, 3:02 PM, PST)
- ‘James Cameron’s Story of Science Fiction’ to Examine Legendary Sci-Fi Films for AMC (From Indiewire. 15 January 2017, 3:02 PM, PST)
"Mad Men" (2007)
- ‘Fatal Attraction’ TV Series Doa at Fox (From The Wrap. 13 January 2017, 2:51 PM, PST)
- 'Fatal Attraction' TV Series Dead at Fox (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 13 January 2017, 1:34 PM, PST)
- 'Fatal Attraction' TV Series Dead at Fox (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 13 January 2017, 1:34 PM, PST)
- Jim Carrey: a salute to his darker roles (From Den of Geek. 9 January 2017, 12:40 PM, PST)
- 12 Days of Christmas Horror: Day 3 – Christmas Evil (1980) (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2016, 4:30 AM, PST)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Trailer: AMC Promises Fan Favorites Will ‘Rise Up’ in Second Half of Season — Watch (From Indiewire. 12 December 2016, 9:45 AM, PST)