Review by Sam Moffitt
I can pinpoint the exact moment I became a film fan, a cinema buff, a Movie Geek if you will. It was while watching a television broadcast of Pigskin Parade, a college musical based around football, released by 20th Century Fox in 1936.
But a little background on myself first. Born in southeast Missouri in 1955 I can remember when television was a rare and exotic device. We knew a few neighbors near us in the little town I started growing up in, Hiram, Missouri who had televisions. Getting to watch it was a rare treat ,we knew a little old lady near us who had a television and she let us come over to watch shows like McKenzie’s Raiders and the Grey Ghost.
In 1959 my mother bought a television, a 19″ Motorola cabinet model. I can be sure of the year because I vividly remember the premiere episode of The Twilight Zone, »
- Movie Geeks
Similar News ItemsThe Wizard of Oz (1939)
- NYC Weekend Watch: ‘Gimme Shelter,’ ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ ‘The Insider’ & More (From The Film Stage. 11 February 2016, 8:57 PM, PST)
- Horror Icons Unite for 'Expendables' Inspired 'Death House' (From MovieWeb. 11 February 2016, 5:12 PM, PST)
- Harlock Space Pirate 3-D (From Trailers from Hell. 5 February 2016, 9:13 PM, PST)
"The Twilight Zone" (1959)
- The Iron Giant review – return of a lovely Ted Hughes adaptation (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 February 2016, 2:15 PM, PST)
- ‘The Purge: Election Year’ Trailer: Politics Is the Deadliest Game of Them All (From Slash Film. 10 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Review: Southbound, Like Twilight Zone For The Indie Horror Generation (From Twitch. 9 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Judy by the Numbers: "Why? Because!" (From FilmExperience. 10 February 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Judy by the Numbers: "Got a New Pair of Shoes" (From FilmExperience. 3 February 2016, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Judy by the Numbers: "Dear Mr. Gable" (From FilmExperience. 27 January 2016, 4:32 AM, PST)