According to which report you read, Gimple is either nearing the deal, finalizing the deal or has wrapped up the deal. In any event, he's been considered the most likely successor for the gig ever since the surprise announcement in December that Mazzara would not be continuing with the show.
While there's still no clear answer on what caused Mazzara's exit, the mini Twitter feud that erupted between Mazzara's pal and "Sons of Anarchy" creator Kurt Sutter and "Dead" comic book creator Robert Kirkman lends credence to the reports that Kirkman and Mazzara were not seeing eye to eye on the future of "Dead."
Gimple is credited with writing five episodes of "Dead" including the phenomenal Season 2 midseason finale "Pretty Much Dead Already" (a. »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- 'Transformers 6', 7 and 8 Confirmed by Hasbro (From MovieWeb. 3 October 2015, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- More "Fear The Walking Dead" Season Finale (From SneakPeek. 3 October 2015, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Giveaway – Daryl Dixon w/ Motorcycle Deluxe Box Set (From Horror News. 3 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
"Sons of Anarchy" (2008)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of Crimson Peak In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 October 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- You Know You're Obsessed With Charlie Hunnam When . . . (From Popsugar. 1 October 2015, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Three Creepshow Posters, The Forest Trailer, More From Dusk Till Dawn Season 2, Fallout 4 Video (From DailyDead. 1 October 2015, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Awards Push With 'Southpaw' Re-Release (From Indiewire. 2 October 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- The Bastard Executioner: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 October 2015, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- TWC to re-release 'Southpaw' (From ScreenDaily. 1 October 2015, 5:04 PM, PDT)