A fishy musical based on Tim Burton’s fantastical 2003 film is coming to the biggest pond of all — Broadway.
The show, which also incorporates material from Daniel Wallace’s original novel Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions, will open in the Neil Simon Theatre this October. Its Broadway run will be preceded by a five-week limited engagement at Chicago’s Oriental Theatre that begins in April.
Big Fish stars two-time Tony winner Norbert Leo Butz as Edward Bloom, a charismatic storyteller whose tall tales have estranged him from his son Will (Bobby Steggert). As the elder Bloom’s health begins to fail, »
- Hillary Busis
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Graphic Review: The Joker: Death of the Family (From Cinelinx. 9 December 2013, 9:42 PM, PST)
- 12 Movies to Stream on Netflix This Holiday Season (From BuzzSugar. 9 December 2013, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Egypt’s Zad set to let Cat out of the bag (From ScreenDaily. 7 December 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Watch The First Trailer For The Wachowski Brothers’ Jupiter Ascending (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 December 2013, 10:05 PM, PST)
- Andy Serkis talks directorial debut Animal Farm (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Serkis to shoot Animal Farm in 2014 (From ScreenDaily. 5 December 2013, 11:03 PM, PST)
Ryan Murphy (I)
- Taylor Kitsch on Lone Survivor, The Normal Heart, and Why He’d Never Do the Friday Night Lights Movie (From Vulture. 9 December 2013, 10:00 AM, PST)
- American Horror Story: Coven Adds The Spirit of Lance Reddick (From Boomtron. 7 December 2013, 3:25 PM, PST)
- Glee’s 100th Swells to Include Dianna Agron and Heather Morris (From Boomtron. 7 December 2013, 6:49 AM, PST)