We’ve all been waiting with much anticipation and trepidation regarding any news and/or confirmation on Disney’s Star Wars: Episode VII project, slated for summer 2015. Very little has come out recently, after the House Of Mouse acquired all of Lucasfilm including the rights to the epic, blockbusting space saga. Now we can confirm, not only will we have the Michael Arndt scripted and expected Matthew Vaughn directed sequel to look forward to in the future, but Man Of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder is secretly working on a separate, standalone Star Wars project.
Snyder’s visually-stunning directing style would seem a perfect fit for the iconic franchise and it appears his film will centre on a band of Jedi Knights on a revenge-fueled mission. It’s rumoured to be inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s classic Seven Samurai, which itself was reinvented into star-studded western The Magnificent Seven.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 'Star Wars', 'Spectre' boost Pinewood revenue to record high (From ScreenDaily. 30 June 2015, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- Sherlock will be heading to San Diego for Comic-Con 2015 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 June 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Spectre,’ ‘Avengers’ Help Boost Pinewood’s Revenue to Record High (From Variety - Film News. 30 June 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More Set Footage (From SneakPeek. 29 June 2015, 9:47 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - More Story Spoilers (From SneakPeek. 27 June 2015, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Extended Trailer Footage (From SneakPeek. 27 June 2015, 1:26 PM, PDT)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Funko unveils Sdcc Exclusive Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Pop! Vinyl 2-pack (From Flickeringmyth. 30 June 2015, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- Batman Vs Superman: What You Need to Know (From MovieWeb. 29 June 2015, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Sandman is moving from Warner Bros' DC slate to New Line (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 June 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)