Anybody who has ever been to a high school reunion (and I’ve been to my share) will tell you that the calendar and the clock can be incredibly cruel (particularly when combined with the long-term effects of gravity, but let’s not go there).
Time punishes creative works as well. Some work grows dated, stale, stiff. Time and the evolving form of the given art leaves a once vibrant and exciting work behind looking dead and obsolete.
More cruel, perhaps, is work that is simply…forgotten. Not for any good reason. Good as it was, maybe it was simply not successful enough to lodge very deeply in the popular consciousness; working well enough in its day, but soon lost among the ever-growing detritus of a lot of other pieces of yesterday.
Movie music is particularly vulnerable to the cruelties of time. Outside of the form’s devotees, it rarely »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Sienna Miller Joins Bradley Cooper In American Sniper (From We Got This Covered. 14 March 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- Sienna Miller Joins the Clint Eastwood Drama 'American Sniper' (From MovieWeb. 14 March 2014, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- Sienna Miller Joins Bradley Cooper for Eastwood's 'American Sniper' (From FirstShowing.net. 14 March 2014, 3:13 PM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- Doctor Who: 15 Most Disastrous Stories Of All-Time (From Obsessed with Film. 16 March 2014, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars Cosplay: Heather1337 & Jessica Jane As Ewoks (From ComicBookMovie. 15 March 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Lupita Nyong’o Approached by J.J. Abrams for Star Wars (From ShockYa. 15 March 2014, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Silver screen to small screen: why film directors are taking over TV (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 March 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Silver screen to small screen: why film directors are taking over TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 15 March 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Al Pacino Retrospective - Heat (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 5:06 PM, PDT)