Anybody who has ever been to a high school reunion (and I’ve been to my share) will tell you that the calendar and the clock can be incredibly cruel (particularly when combined with the long-term effects of gravity, but let’s not go there).
Time punishes creative works as well. Some work grows dated, stale, stiff. Time and the evolving form of the given art leaves a once vibrant and exciting work behind looking dead and obsolete.
More cruel, perhaps, is work that is simply…forgotten. Not for any good reason. Good as it was, maybe it was simply not successful enough to lodge very deeply in the popular consciousness; working well enough in its day, but soon lost among the ever-growing detritus of a lot of other pieces of yesterday.
Movie music is particularly vulnerable to the cruelties of time. Outside of the form’s devotees, it rarely »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Episode 13 Review – ‘The Call’ (From Flickeringmyth. 14 February 2016, 4:31 AM, PST)
- Saturday Night Live Review: Melissa McCarthy Hosts (From Hitfix. 14 February 2016, 4:05 AM, PST)
- Berlin: ‘Tracer’ Keeps Korea’s Cj on Track of Success in Vietnam (From Variety - Film News. 13 February 2016, 7:00 PM, PST)
- The Week in Star Wars – Episode VIII begins filming, Ewan McGregor in talks to star and more (From Flickeringmyth. 14 February 2016, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Anurag Kashyap to Remake France’s ‘La Famille Belier’ in India (From Variety - Film News. 13 February 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Midnight Special | 2016 Berlin Intl. Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 13 February 2016, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Talking Hitchcock/Truffaut by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 13 February 2016, 10:03 AM, PST)
- Check Out This Bloody 'House Of Cards' Season 4 Teaser (From LatinoReview. 12 February 2016, 6:44 AM, PST)
- Locarno Blog. Howard Shore (From MUBI. 10 February 2016, 11:39 PM, PST)