Anybody who has ever been to a high school reunion (and I’ve been to my share) will tell you that the calendar and the clock can be incredibly cruel (particularly when combined with the long-term effects of gravity, but let’s not go there).
Time punishes creative works as well. Some work grows dated, stale, stiff. Time and the evolving form of the given art leaves a once vibrant and exciting work behind looking dead and obsolete.
More cruel, perhaps, is work that is simply…forgotten. Not for any good reason. Good as it was, maybe it was simply not successful enough to lodge very deeply in the popular consciousness; working well enough in its day, but soon lost among the ever-growing detritus of a lot of other pieces of yesterday.
Movie music is particularly vulnerable to the cruelties of time. Outside of the form’s devotees, it rarely »
- Bill Mesce
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Slim Whitman obituary (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 June 2013, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- What You'll Find 'Under The Dome': Ep Spills Secrets (From Huffington Post. 19 June 2013, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- The Noteworthy: Rossellini & Bergman, On Set with Jlg, Jodorowsky's Lessons (From MUBI. 19 June 2013, 9:55 AM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' casting breakdown reveals new characters, two female teen leads (From Pop2it. 19 June 2013, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ Casting Under Way as Breakdown Leaks (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2013, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Get Fit! 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Casting Breakdown (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 June 2013, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan to Star in The Last 5 Years (From Comingsoon.net. 19 June 2013)
- Director Steven Knight Says David Fincher Suggested Jason Statham For 'Redemption' (From The Playlist. 18 June 2013, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Top 10 Tuesday: Brad Pitt Films (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 June 2013, 10:38 AM, PDT)