It can't be a big surprise that there was some hesitation on the part of film fans when it was announced a new Judge Dredd film was being made. After all, the British comic book's 1995 adaptation, which starred Sylvester Stallone, didn't exactly strike a chord with the public and was a box office bomb.
The new feature, Dredd, bombed as well when it was released in September 2012, but the critical response has been quite positive and this new film has the makings of a cult classic. Now that this version, which is much more faithful to the graphic novel, has made its way to DVD, I suspect the film will get the devoted fan base it was denied during its theatrical run.
- Kelly Michael Stewart
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Alice In Comicland Releases in March 2014 (From ScifiMafia. 11 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Simon Pegg Joins Monty Python in Sci-Fi Comedy Absolutely Anything (From Collider.com. 11 December 2013, 9:14 AM, PST)
- Idw Announces Judge Dredd Series Mega-city Two: City Of Courts (From ScifiMafia. 10 December 2013, 4:00 PM, PST)
- 5 New Grudge Match Photos with Sylvester Stallone and Robert de Niro (From MovieWeb. 11 December 2013, 10:25 PM, PST)
- 29 Images from Grudge Match Featuring Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, Alan Arkin, and Kevin Hart (From Collider.com. 11 December 2013, 9:18 PM, PST)
- Nelly talks sports superstitions, going country, laughing at himself on 'Real Husbands of Hollywood' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 December 2013, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Chloë Grace Moretz lead chart of IMDb page views (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 December 2013, 4:36 AM, PST)
- Almost Human episode 5 review: Blood Brothers (From Den of Geek. 11 December 2013, 1:58 AM, PST)
- Almost Human: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)