It can't be a big surprise that there was some hesitation on the part of film fans when it was announced a new Judge Dredd film was being made. After all, the British comic book's 1995 adaptation, which starred Sylvester Stallone, didn't exactly strike a chord with the public and was a box office bomb.
The new feature, Dredd, bombed as well when it was released in September 2012, but the critical response has been quite positive and this new film has the makings of a cult classic. Now that this version, which is much more faithful to the graphic novel, has made its way to DVD, I suspect the film will get the devoted fan base it was denied during its theatrical run.
- Kelly Michael Stewart
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens rated PG-13 for “sci-fi action violence” (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 4:49 PM, PST)
- Idris Elba on ‘Beasts of No Nation,’ James Bond and Hollywood Diversity (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 1:13 PM, PST)
- The First Order holds Poe Dameron captive in new Star Wars: The Force Awakens still (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 11:59 AM, PST)
- ‘Creed’ Follows The ‘Rocky’ Road (From Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy. 25 November 2015, 12:15 AM, PST)
- The Most Iconic 'Rocky' Movie Moments (From Movies.com. 24 November 2015, 10:30 PM, PST)
- Cinema Retro Attends The Sylvester Stallone Memorabilia Auction Preview (From CinemaRetro. 24 November 2015, 7:33 PM, PST)
- Star Trek Beyond Confirmed For An IMAX Release In 2016 (From We Got This Covered. 24 November 2015, 2:51 PM, PST)
- Star Trek Beyond Gets An IMAX Release Beginning July 22, 2016 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2015, 12:41 PM, PST)
- Paramount is Bringing Star Trek Beyond to IMAX (From Cinelinx. 24 November 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)