Natalie Wood, the legendary actress who drowned in 1981, may not have died an accidental death. This is the news gathered from a new Los Angeles County Coroner's report released on Monday (Jan. 14). Although the new report still does not allege foul play, it does note that some of her injuries are more consistent with an assault.
Wood died on Nov. 28, 1981, when she disappeared off a yacht after a night spent with husband Robert Wagner and their friend, Christopher Walken. The initial coroner's report supported Wagner's account, which had Wood going to bed earlier and not found missing until several hours later. It was conjectured that the actress had fallen into the water while trying to secure a dinghy that had been banging against the yacht's hull.
The La Coroner's office reopened its investigation in 2011, following allegations made by the yacht's skipper, Dennis Davern, published a book that contained a different account of the night. »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Walken
- Kevin Spacey's Celebrity Impressions Are Out-of-Control Amazing (From Popsugar. 25 February 2015, 8:40 AM, PST)
- Michael Keaton: his 10 greatest screen characters (From Den of Geek. 24 February 2015, 6:48 AM, PST)
- 13th Annual Tsr Movie Awards — Final Results — 2014 Films (From Scorecard Review. 22 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
Natalie Wood (I)
- A Brief History of Film Romance: Flappers, Hippies, Rebels and Hipsters (From Hitfix. 13 February 2015, 9:46 AM, PST)
- Berlin Film Review: Anton Corbijn’s ‘Life’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2015, 12:45 PM, PST)
- 2015 Grammys winners: The complete list (From Hitfix. 8 February 2015, 2:01 PM, PST)
Robert Wagner (I)
- Brackett and Wilder Screenwriting Efforts: From Garbo to Swanson (From Alt Film Guide. 10 February 2015, 11:45 PM, PST)
- NCIS Boss Previews February Sweeps, Hints at a Finale That May 'Rattle' You (From TVLine.com. 3 February 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Additional NCIS Season 12 Second Half Spoilers Dished Out By The Producer (From OnTheFlix. 14 January 2015, 12:02 PM, PST)