There are plenty of Hollywood stars who wear many hats — Ben Affleck and George Clooney, for instance, are known as actors, directors, producers and writers — but nobody takes this quite as literally as Johnny Depp, who manages to find an epically goofy hat (or hairstyle) in just about every film he's in.
Now, though, he's taking this obsession to its ultimate end, as according to Empire Online, he's just landed a new writer for a film adaptation of the young adult novel "The Magic Hat of Mortimer Wintergreen."
And you thought he couldn't top that dead bird from "The Lone Ranger."
Written by author Myron Leroy, "The Magic Hat of Mortimer Wintergreen" is a whimsical tale about some kids in the 19th century trying to escape their wicked aunt. Naturally, they fall in with a traveling magician who has a sentient hat. It's kind of like the Sorting Hat from "Harry Potter, »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Wes Craven: A Tribute to the 'Scream' King (From Rolling Stone. 31 August 2015, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Horror movie director Wes Craven dies at 76 (From Cineplex. 31 August 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Why Wes Craven Mattered to Horror Fans (From Indiewire. 31 August 2015, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Colbert to Interview Bernie Sanders, Lupita Nyong’o on ‘Late Show’ Week 2 (From The Wrap. 31 August 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Robert Pattinson Photographs Dane DeHaan In Clip From Anton Corbijn's ‘Life’ (From The Playlist. 31 August 2015, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Golden Globes poll: Will Cecil B. DeMille award go to Meryl Streep, Julie Andrews, Jessica Lange or ... ? (From Gold Derby. 31 August 2015, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- 'Concussion' trailer: Oscar for Will Smith as real-life doctor who battles NFL? (From Gold Derby. 31 August 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- "Wonder Woman' In "Marie Claire" (From SneakPeek. 31 August 2015, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Batman -- I Got Your Bulge Right Here (Photo) (From TMZ. 30 August 2015, 12:44 AM, PDT)