Relocation signals new era for channel, which is being given a revamp and new presenters to boost its global appeal
BBC World News, the corporation's 24-hour global news channel, began broadcasting from New Broadcasting House on Monday, with an on-screen rebrand and relaunched schedule aiming for higher quality production values.
It will be the first of the BBC's news channels to air from New Broadcasting House, the corporation's central London headquarters extensively refurbished at a cost of £1bn, and will feature new presenters including Jon Sopel in a new show and Afghanistan-born Australian Yalda Hakim.
The relaunch includes an on air rebrand, giving the channel a bright new look and a tighter focus on daily news and specific regions. The strategy behind the revamp is to improve the quality and range of output, as well as win new viewers for BBC World News, which reaches an estimated weekly global audience »
- Tara Conlan
Similar News Items"BBC News 24" (1997)
- Sam Pepper Claims His Sexual Harassment Prank Video Was A 'Social Experiment,' Is Accused Of Sexual Harassment (From Uinterview. 22 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Scotland Votes to Stay in the U.K.: Celebs React as CNN Makes Huge Mistake on Independence Poll (From E! Online. 19 September 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Bread actor Giles Watling running as Conservative candidate in Clacton (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 September 2014, 3:32 AM, PDT)
Current TV [us]
- Al Jazeera Responds to Al Gore's Lawsuit (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 September 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- 8 Current TV Shows That Don’t Treat Audiences Like Idiots (From Obsessed with Film. 15 September 2014, 4:39 AM, PDT)
- Netflix unveils first French original drama Marseille (From ScreenDaily. 28 August 2014, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- 30 most powerful women in British TV and radio named by Radio Times (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 September 2014, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Edinburgh festival 2014 review: Paxo quickfire sarcasm, passion and a natural comic touch (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 August 2014, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Paxman 'in talks to move to Channel 4' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 August 2014, 8:44 AM, PDT)