Relocation signals new era for channel, which is being given a revamp and new presenters to boost its global appeal
BBC World News, the corporation's 24-hour global news channel, began broadcasting from New Broadcasting House on Monday, with an on-screen rebrand and relaunched schedule aiming for higher quality production values.
It will be the first of the BBC's news channels to air from New Broadcasting House, the corporation's central London headquarters extensively refurbished at a cost of £1bn, and will feature new presenters including Jon Sopel in a new show and Afghanistan-born Australian Yalda Hakim.
The relaunch includes an on air rebrand, giving the channel a bright new look and a tighter focus on daily news and specific regions. The strategy behind the revamp is to improve the quality and range of output, as well as win new viewers for BBC World News, which reaches an estimated weekly global audience »
- Tara Conlan
Similar News Items"BBC News 24" (1997)
- 'Rocky The Musical' makes Broadway debut (From RealBollywood. 14 March 2014, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- Marcia Gay Harden "Shame-Read" Fifty Shades to Prepare for Her Film Role As Mrs. Grey (From Us Weekly. 12 March 2014, 1:12 PM, PDT)
- The Taste: has the flop gastro-reality show damaged Brand Nigella? (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 March 2014, 6:40 AM, PDT)
Current TV [us]
- Fullscreen Hires Former Viacom, Demand Media Execs to Make More Money and Shows (From The Wrap. 5 March 2014, 3:41 PM, PST)
- Fullscreen Beefs Up Executive Team With New Cro And Head Of Content (From Tubefilter News. 5 March 2014, 12:52 PM, PST)
- 'Network' Meets the Future, as Olbermann Takes on Itzkoff (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 February 2014, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Jonathan Creek once again tops Friday night ratings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 March 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- TV highlights 12/03/2014 (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 March 2014, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- BBC's Huw Edwards pulls out all the stops for Songs of Praise | Media Monkey (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 February 2014, 1:50 AM, PST)