Here is a collection of a dozen of the best documentaries I saw in 2012. It's not a "best of the year" list. Just some good memories of these films.
I will not burden you again with another complaint about lists. More than ever, I despise them because they shift focus away from a film and toward a list. When I recently caught up with "Django Unchained," for example, I gave it four stars. The comments section was overrun with readers asking if that meant it was now on my Top Ten list. One reader insisted on knowing which title it replaced. Although the piece was some 2,000 words long, another reader insisted he still wanted to see "my official review."
All I can do with any film is tell you that I've seen it, and what I thought about it. If it sounds interesting to you, it might be worth seeking out. »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsDjango Unchained (2012)
- Michael Shamberg to receive Zurich honour (From ScreenDaily. 27 August 2014, 4:06 AM, PDT)
- 'Pulp Fiction' Producer Michael Shamberg to Get Zurich Honor (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 August 2014, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- Catch a stolen glance at Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' teaser (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 22 August 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Us deal for The Look Of Silence (From ScreenDaily. 27 August 2014, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Us deal for Tiff premiere The Look Of Silence (From ScreenDaily. 27 August 2014, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Venice: Genocide Documentary ‘Look of Silence’ Gets U.S. Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Brush Up on 33 Little-Known Full House Facts Before the Reboot (From BuzzSugar. 27 August 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Awesome Mix Tape Volume 4: Best Soundtracks & Scores of 2014 (Part One) (From SoundOnSight. 27 August 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Crazy Tales From The Beatles' First Hollywood Concerts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 August 2014, 2:37 PM, PDT)