Here is a collection of a dozen of the best documentaries I saw in 2012. It's not a "best of the year" list. Just some good memories of these films.
I will not burden you again with another complaint about lists. More than ever, I despise them because they shift focus away from a film and toward a list. When I recently caught up with "Django Unchained," for example, I gave it four stars. The comments section was overrun with readers asking if that meant it was now on my Top Ten list. One reader insisted on knowing which title it replaced. Although the piece was some 2,000 words long, another reader insisted he still wanted to see "my official review."
All I can do with any film is tell you that I've seen it, and what I thought about it. If it sounds interesting to you, it might be worth seeking out. »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsDjango Unchained (2012)
- The Academy Celebrates The Opening of The Hollywood Costume Exhibition in Los Angeles (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 September 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Cold in July | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 30 September 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch designer Jum Nakao create a 'Marie Antoinette'-inspired dress out of Sofia Coppola's script (From Hitfix. 30 September 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- We The Economy series ready to launch (From ScreenDaily. 30 September 2014, 3:25 PM, PDT)
- See the star-studded trailer for a new film series about the economy (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 30 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- “Even If It’s a Bad Movie, You Get a Good Running Commentary”: Slavoj Zizek at the Criterion Offices (From Filmmaker Magazine. 29 September 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Comedy Central UK to remake Us series Drunk History (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Batman Stamp: Post Office Celebrates 75 Years Of Batman With Special Stamp Collection (From Uinterview. 28 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Miles Teller: 'My goal is to play a young Elvis Presley' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 September 2014, 2:59 AM, PDT)