Star Trek Into Darkness is shaping up to be one of the summer's biggest blockbusters. Director J.J. Abrams recently spoke about his highly-anticipated sequel, and while he wouldn't divulge any details about the plot, he did reveal the follow-up will be a deeper film.
"There's nothing worse for me than reading what the theme of a book is or a movie and then reading it and being like: that's the theme. The theme is you feel it. I do think that by default this a deeper movie. It's certainly a bigger movie because the first one was kind of the origin story which is great because it's so easy. You just introduce people and yet now they know each other so it has to go deeper."
With a large ensemble cast, the filmmaker revealed it wasn't easy finding ways to incorporate all of these characters into the story.
"Honestly, it's never easier the next time, »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Here’s How The Galaxy Looks At The Start Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From We Got This Covered. 27 February 2017, 10:47 AM, PST)
- First look at Ego the Living Planet, Keanu Reeves on John Wick 3, J.J. Abrams talks Star Wars, and Ian McShane blasts Game of Thrones fans – Weekend News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2017, 11:00 PM, PST)
- The Week in Star Wars – First look at Han Solo movie, new Original Trilogy Blu-Ray rumours, Jar Jar is The Last Jedi and more (From Flickeringmyth. 26 February 2017, 3:57 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- ‘Star Trek’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says (From Deadline TV. 27 February 2017, 12:08 PM, PST)
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Should Debut ‘Late Summer/Early Fall,’ Les Moonves Now Says (From The Wrap. 27 February 2017, 11:49 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Aniston Tears Up Paying Tribute to Bill Paxton Before Emotional 'In Memoriam' at Oscars 2017 (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 February 2017, 9:05 PM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams discusses showing Star Wars: The Force Awakens to terminally ill fans (From Flickeringmyth. 27 February 2017, 2:21 AM, PST)
- Star Wars fan art depicts Jar Jar Binks as The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 23 February 2017, 3:30 PM, PST)
- International titles for Star Wars: Episode VIII reveal The Last Jedi is plural (From Flickeringmyth. 18 February 2017, 5:30 AM, PST)