At Sunday's Television Critics Association press tour, CW President Mark Pedowitz held court to discuss some hot topics, including clarifying some questions about "The Vampire Diaries" spinoff. Though the idea of a spinoff about the Original family has been kicking around for a while, Pedowitz said that ultimately, he and Warner Bros. TV President Peter Roth brought the idea to Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson.
"The genesis of that came from a conversation with Warner Bros. and Peter Roth at the time. I'm a big believer if you have something that's working and you can incubate [it], it's a good way to get pilots on the air," Pedowitz told reporters. "Kevin Williamson said 'Let Julie take a run at it, it's her vision.' ... We're basically going to go and focus on the Original family."
Similar News Items"The Vampire Diaries" (2009)
- CW 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/2/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 2 March 2015, 1:42 PM, PST)
- In the Age of Auteur Television, What Does It Mean to Be a Director? (From Indiewire Television. 2 March 2015, 8:54 AM, PST)
- Nikki Reed Loves Her Engagement Ring "More Than Anything In the World!" (From Us Weekly. 2 March 2015, 2:32 AM, PST)
Kevin Williamson (I)
- TV Review: ‘The Following,’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 2 March 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘The Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec Reveals Why She Was ‘Terrified’ for Directorial Debut (From Variety - TV News. 19 February 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Scream: ranking the movies in order of quality (From Den of Geek. 16 February 2015, 1:56 AM, PST)
Joseph Morgan (I)
- New Originals Season 2,Episode 15 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By CW (From OnTheFlix. 23 February 2015, 12:50 PM, PST)
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.14 Photos: It's Hayley and Jackson's Wedding Day (From BuddyTV. 16 February 2015, 8:30 AM, PST)
- The Vampire Diaries Review: “Stay” (Season 6, Episode 14) (From We Got This Covered. 12 February 2015, 7:49 PM, PST)