Herzog’s risked his life to make films, been shot at, and his latest documentary Into the Abyss investigates a triple homicide, but this time he completes a project that actually includes the word ‘happy’ which suggests that people could be happy with what they have even in unbearably cold place like Siberia.
Herzog (Jack Reacher) approached it in the manner of his previous Cave of Forgotten Dreams or Grizzly Bear with his great voiceover as well as gorgeous visuals. He centers on a small population that lives in a huge Siberian tundra, the 300-person village of Bakhta, on the river Yenisei, capturing a slice of life in an area of the world most people have probably never heard of.
It’s utterly hypnotic, »
- Nick Martin
Similar News ItemsJack Reacher (2012)
- [Media] - "Mad Max: Fury Road" TV Spot Explosion (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- Watch Tom Cruise's new Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 13 April 2015, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Alex Garland of 'Ex Machina' follows others who took a writing-to-directing leap (From Hitfix. 11 April 2015)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Gus Van Sant: On Working with William S. Burroughs and the Evolution of Indie Film (From Indiewire. 1 May 2015, 5:03 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | 3D, Labruce, Fellini (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 1 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | 3D, Labruce, Fellini (From Keyframe. 1 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
Cave of Forgotten Dreams (2010)
- 3D in the 21st Century (From MUBI. 4 May 2015, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- 3D in the 21st Century. Holography Artist Ikuo Nakamura on "Aurora Borealis" (From MUBI. 2 May 2015, 4:42 AM, PDT)
- 3D in the 21st Century. On Shooting "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" (From MUBI. 2 May 2015, 4:41 AM, PDT)