In a world in which smartphones are resembling mini-computers, it makes sense that Star Trek Into Darkness would have an app to suit it well.
A smartphone app for fans anticipating J.J. Abrams’ upcoming Star Trek sequel will launch at the end of this month, and will allow users to go on Starfleet-esque missions by inputting audio-visual elements into their phones.
For example, a fan could watch the Into Darkness trailer on TV, and the app’s audio tool would hear it and might reward its user with points for unlocking a new Star Trek image or wallpaper. The app’s geolocation tool might reward fans for going to a movie theater, while those who snap a photo of a Star trek Into Darkness poster could earn points to unlock a video.
The app from Paramount Pictures and Qualcomm was announced on Tuesday at the International CES show in Las Vegas, »
- Vesna Sunrider
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Jack O’Connell Is The Latest Actor Rumoured for Star Wars: Episode VII (From We Got This Covered. 10 December 2013, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Jack O'Connell the latest name linked to Star Wars: Episode VII (From Flickeringmyth. 10 December 2013, 4:26 AM, PST)
- Jerry Bruckheimer & Paramount Ink First-Look Deal, Brett Ratner to Direct Beverly Hills Cop 4 (From HeyUGuys. 10 December 2013, 3:17 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Joe Cornish Turns Down "Star Trek 3" (From Dark Horizons. 10 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Joe Cornish no longer in the running for Star Trek (From Den of Geek. 9 December 2013, 10:33 PM, PST)
- Joe Cornish Won’t Helm Star Trek 3, Two More Writers Recruited To Help With The Script (From We Got This Covered. 9 December 2013, 5:38 PM, PST)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- More ‘Jack Reacher’ Is On The Way (From LatinoReview. 10 December 2013, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Update: 'Jack Reacher' is Finally Getting a Sequel (From Movies.com. 10 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Developing Jack Reacher Sequel Never Go Back (From GeekTyrant. 10 December 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)