Following yesterday's story that Steven Spielberg has hit the breaks on his Robopocalypse flick, Entertainment Weekly caught up with the famed director for a bit more on the subject. Read on for the latest.
“We found that the film was costing a lot of money, and I found a better way to tell the story more economically but also much more personally," Spielberg tells EW. "I found the personal way into Robopocalypse, and so I just told everybody to go find other jobs; I’m starting on a new script, and we’ll have this movie back on its feet soon.”
Based on the Daniel H. Wilson novel and with a script by Drew Goddard, Robopocalypse was to star Chris Hemsworth and Anne Hathaway and concerns a battle for survival after mankind generates its first mass intelligence computer brain only to see it escape.
Visit The Evilshop @ Amazon!
Got news? »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Remembering Sidney Lumet (From The Hollywood Interview. 1 April 2015, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Family and Friends Remember the Famous Crooner at HBO’s ‘Sinatra: All or Nothing at All’ Premiere (From Variety - Film News. 1 April 2015, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Beat: Saving Private Ryan Has Best Picture in the Bag (From Collider.com. 1 April 2015, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- New on DVD/Blu-ray: 'Interstellar,' 'The Imitation Game,' and 'Wild' Head Home (From Movies.com. 1 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Interstellar's Honest Trailer Is Much Less Confusing Than the Actual Movie (From BuzzSugar. 1 April 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Apparently Julie Newmar Will Return To Voice 'Catwoman' In The Batman '66 Movie (From ComicBookMovie. 1 April 2015, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- 'Avengers 2': Are One of These Actresses 'Captain Marvel'? (From MovieWeb. 1 April 2015, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Ed Helms's Vacation sequel release date moved to summer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 April 2015, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- Linda Cardellini and Julie Delpy are both in Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 April 2015, 2:52 PM, PDT)