Following yesterday's story that Steven Spielberg has hit the breaks on his Robopocalypse flick, Entertainment Weekly caught up with the famed director for a bit more on the subject. Read on for the latest.
“We found that the film was costing a lot of money, and I found a better way to tell the story more economically but also much more personally," Spielberg tells EW. "I found the personal way into Robopocalypse, and so I just told everybody to go find other jobs; I’m starting on a new script, and we’ll have this movie back on its feet soon.”
Based on the Daniel H. Wilson novel and with a script by Drew Goddard, Robopocalypse was to star Chris Hemsworth and Anne Hathaway and concerns a battle for survival after mankind generates its first mass intelligence computer brain only to see it escape.
Visit The Evilshop @ Amazon!
Got news? »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jurassic Park IV confirmed for 2015, but is it a sequel or a reboot? (From Flickeringmyth. 18 June 2013, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic Park 4′ to Arrive in 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 18 June 2013, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic Park IV’ Set For 3D In 2015 (From The Hollywood News. 18 June 2013, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- From Devil Wears Prada's Anne Hathaway to Despicable Me 2's Minions: See the Best Onscreen Assistants (From E! Online. 18 June 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Lotus Entertainment Lands Thriller Spec ‘Revelation’ (From Deadline New York. 17 June 2013, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Produced Kennedy TV Doc 'Letters to Jackie' Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 17 June 2013, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Ron Howard reads tweets, 'Arrested Development'-style (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 18 June 2013, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Legendary to Decide on Warner Bros. Renewal Within Next 60 Days (From Variety - Film News. 18 June 2013, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Watch: 'Mann Made: From La Takedown To Heat' Profiles Michael Mann On The Origins Of His Cop Classic (From The Playlist. 18 June 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)