Simon Columb attends the Roman Polanski retrospective at BFI Southbank...
Roman Polanski remains a fascinating filmmaker to this day. Alongside Andrej Wajda and Jerzy Skolimowski, Polanski came to the fore in the late 1950s in Poland. The BFI in London are screening all of Polanski’s films during January and February 2013 and throughout January, essays on separate films will be released here on Flickering Myth in the hope that you too can join us in reflecting on Polanski’s diverse and ever-expanding career. Next up is 1965's Repulsion...
As an interesting starting point, it is worth noting that Night of the Living Dead filmmaker George A. Romero insists that Repulsion is the best horror film of all time. To support his claim, critic Bosley Crowther called it an “absolute knockout” whilst other filmmakers, namely Darren Aronofsky, cites Repulsion as »
Similar News ItemsBlack Swan (2010)
- Cannes: Studiocanal’s ‘Radioactive,’ ’Russian Spy’ Nearly Sell Out International (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 11:07 PM, PDT)
- Douglas Booth, Saoirse Ronan-voiced 'Loving Vincent' sells to Us (From ScreenDaily. 19 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Co-Productions on the Rise in Brazil (From Variety - Film News. 18 May 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Patricia Summersett, Aka Princess Zelda, Has Some Sage Advice for Aspiring Actors (From Collider.com. 22 May 2017, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- “Wonderstruck”: Updated Oscar Predictions for May (From Hollywoodnews.com. 19 May 2017, 4:26 AM, PDT)
- Ed Harris joins 'The Last Full Measure' (From ScreenDaily. 18 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Roman Polanski (I)
- Scott Reviews Chantal Akerman’s Jeanne Dielman, 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles [Criterion Blu-ray Review] (From CriterionCast. 26 May 2017, 11:32 PM, PDT)
- Francois Ozon’s ‘L’Amant Double’ Is A Sexy, Twisted & Kinky Paranoia Spectacle [Cannes Review] (From The Playlist. 26 May 2017, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- Roman Polanski Joins Leading Polish Filmmakers at Cannes Celebration (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)