It seems to happen at least once a season, but it looks like the Sacramento Kings may be on their way out of town. After backing out of deals in the past to move the team to Anaheim and building a new arena in Sacramento, the Maloof family is negotiating with a group of investors that would move the team out of California, to Seattle.
USA Today reports the group, led by Microsoft chairman Steve Ballmer and hedge fund manager Chris Hansen, is confident the deal will eventually get done. An anonymous source claims that should the deal go through, the Maloofs may retain a small stake in the team, which would be renamed the Sonics.
The Kings first came to Sacramento in 1985 after moving from Kansas City. Seattle has been without an NBA franchise since the SuperSonics left for Oklahoma City and were renamed the Thunder following the 2007-2008 season. »
Similar News ItemsMicrosoft [us]
- This Is What You Get When Bill Gates Is Your Secret Santa (From E! Online. 22 December 2014, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Remember When Rachel and Chandler Did a Video Guide For Microsoft Windows 95? (From Vulture. 6 December 2014, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Clippers Star Blake Griffin on "Weird Uncle" Donald Sterling's "Off His Rocker" Behavior (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 October 2014, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Dave Chappelle -- Donald Sterling Got Screwed ... Shouldn't Have Lost the Clippers (From TMZ. 18 November 2014, 7:08 AM, PST)
- Steve Ballmer -- Praised By Shelly Sterling ... Right In Front Of Donald (From TMZ. 14 November 2014, 12:45 AM, PST)
- Shelly Sterling -- Attends Clippers Game ... As Team's #1 Fan (From TMZ. 31 October 2014, 8:47 AM, PDT)
Christopher J. Hansen
- The Modest Where We Started Is an Engaging Two-Character Portrait of an Affair (From Village Voice. 10 June 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Donald Sterling's Wife Agrees to Sell Clippers to Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 Billion (From PEOPLE.com. 30 May 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight: In ‘Apt 8 News’, Crazy People Read The Stories (From Tubefilter News. 3 January 2014, 2:26 PM, PST)