Jay Leno and David Letterman rallied on Wednesday night after Jimmy Kimmel joined the fray: The NBC and CBS late night stars saw gains in total viewers and certain demos versus Tuesday night, while Kimmel lost a few eyeballs but gained more young adults, according to results from Nielsen.
Overall, Leno kept his lead in the timeslot on Wednesday in viewers (3.55 million) and adults 25-54 (1.2 rating). Kimmel was second in 25-54 (1.1) while Letterman was third (1.0).
As for the 18-49 race, Leno and Kimmel tied with a .9 rating, which was flat for NBC but a .2 improvement for ABC versus Tuesday. Letterman earned a .8.
Among total viewers, »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News ItemsJay Leno
- Movie Review – Amy (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 5 July 2015, 11:49 PM, PDT)
- Watch our chats with late night class of 2015 after year of Big changes: James Corden, Seth Meyers, ... (From Gold Derby. 29 June 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Amy Review (From We Got This Covered. 28 June 2015, 10:08 PM, PDT)
- A Brief History of Doctor Who in America (From Kasterborous. 4 July 2015, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Dominate Late-Night Ratings Again in Q2 (From The Wrap. 2 July 2015, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Stoner Week: How Adult Swim Conquered Late-Night TV (From Vulture. 2 July 2015, 7:12 AM, PDT)
"Jimmy Kimmel Live!" (2003)
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More! (From TVLine.com. 5 July 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Andy Samberg Wears a Strange Bubble Suit on Jimmy Kimmel Live, But for a Very Good Reason (From E! Online. 3 July 2015, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon's hipster ponytail is causing quite a stir online (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 July 2015, 1:37 AM, PDT)