Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/7/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 December 2013, 2:43 PM, PST)
- Thursday Ratings: Sound of Music Live, Scandal, Reign, Glee, X Factor, Wonderland (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2013, 12:28 PM, PST)
- New Grey’s Anatomy Season 10,Episode 12 Dramatic Spoilers & Clips Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 6 December 2013, 11:47 AM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Recap: Cristina Defends Shane Against Meredith (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 8:57 PM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart Smiles At Party After Robert Pattinson Leaves Town — Pic (From HollywoodLife. 5 December 2013, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Sofia Vergara is the highest-paid TV actor: Who else made the list? (From Pop2it. 3 December 2013, 7:25 PM, PST)