Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 10/1/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 October 2014, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy Newcomer Kelly McCreary: Maggie and Meredith Are Like "Oil and Water" (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 1 October 2014, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- Owen Still Loves Cristina! Grey's Anatomy Scoop Comes From the Most Unlikely Source: Top Chef Duels (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- Report: Is Ethan Hawke now the top choice to play Marvel's Doctor Strange? (From Hitfix. 1 October 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy: Season 11 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 September 2014, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Cast Give Us a Peek at Season 11 (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 September 2014, 1:59 PM, PDT)