Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/19/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Thursday Ratings: Scandal, Parenthood, The Crazy Ones, Surviving Jack, Reign (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 April 2014, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- SNL Is Planning a Star-Studded 40th Anniversary Special (From BuzzSugar. 18 April 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Cristina Yang Attends Harper Avery Ceremony, Jackson & April Fight About Religion (From Uinterview. 17 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Cristina Gets Harper Avery Nomination; Callie & Arizona Want Another Baby (From Uinterview. 10 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- All Aboard! Celebrity Cars, Jets And Yachts We’d Like To Take A Ride On (From TheFabLife - Movies. 10 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)