Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/25/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 July 2014, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- New Grey’s Anatomy Season 11 Jo & Alex Teaser Spoilers Dished Out By Producer (From OnTheFlix. 23 July 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll joins Daredevil (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 11:48 PM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- 'Grey'.s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes (From Uinterview. 16 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Grey's Anatomy's Shonda Rhimes Teases Half-Sister Twist, Possible New Romance (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 15 July 2014, 4:39 PM, PDT)
- Writers Hired for G.I. Joe 3 and Enchanted 2 (From GeekTyrant. 3 July 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)