Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 3/8/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 March 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Thursday Ratings: Wonderland, Millers, Idol, Parenthood, Reign, Rake (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Isaiah Washington, Steve Carell, Jamie Dornan and 10 Other Stars Who Have Reprised Their Famous TV Roles (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- 5 Stars Who Are Also Heroes (From newser. 8 March 2014, 7:10 AM, PST)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Owen Breaks Up With Emma For Christina; Derek Gets The White House Gig (From Uinterview. 6 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Isaiah Washington Is Returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' (From Indiewire Television. 6 March 2014, 4:09 PM, PST)