Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 11/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 November 2014, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Katherine Heigl Gets Real About the Rude-Girl Rumors, Reveals How She Used John Mayer to Get Her Future Hubby to Commit (From E! Online. 21 November 2014, 5:15 PM, PST)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Elementary, Bad Judge, Bones, Scandal, Reign (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 November 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Derek Reaches the End of His Rope – And Who Gets Devastating News? (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 20 November 2014, 7:42 PM, PST)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Postmortem: Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey on Derek's Major Move (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 November 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- 'Grey's Anatomy's' Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey Offer Marriage Advice to Meredith and Derek (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 November 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)