Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 1/29/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 January 2015, 12:33 PM, PST)
- Is There Hope For Calzona on Grey's Anatomy? Jessica Capshaw on the Fate of the Fan-Favorite Romance (From E! Online. 29 January 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- We Played Hump, Marry, Kill With the Casts of Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away With Murder (From E! Online. 29 January 2015, 10:50 AM, PST)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- You've Got a Fever, and the Only Cure Is McDreamy (From BuzzSugar. 29 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'Grey's Anatomy's' Shonda Rhimes: "Fans Should Be Worried" About Meredith and Derek (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- ‘How to Get Away with Murder,’ ‘Grey’s,’ ‘Scandal’ Stars Tease ABC’s Big ‘Tgit’ Mid-Season Return (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 8:20 AM, PST)