Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/26/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 26 August 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Sky1 to air Us thriller series The Last Ship in the UK (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 August 2014, 3:18 AM, PDT)
- IFC Shines a Light on this Second Still from The Pact 2 (From Dread Central. 21 August 2014, 12:34 PM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- Ashton Kutcher leads 'Forbes' list of top-earning TV actors (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 August 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Meet The New Class of Hot Guys Taking Over Thursday Night in ABC's Steamy New Promo (From E! Online. 22 August 2014, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Geena Davis To Guest Star On 'Grey's Anatomy' (From Uinterview. 10 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)