Seattle (AP) — A company that teamed up with Starbucks Corp. to bid for the Tully's Coffee chain filed an objection Wednesday challenging the winning offer made by "Grey's Anatomy" star Patrick Dempsey.
AgriNurture Inc. said it's still willing to proceed with its combined bid with Starbucks of about $10.6 million. The bid from Dempsey's company, Global Baristas LLC, was for $9.2 million.
The proposed sale goes before a bankruptcy judge in Seattle on Friday.
Starbucks has said it wants to convert some of Tully's cafes to its own brand. AgriNurture, based in the Philippines, would run the rest under the Tully's name.
Cliff Burrows, who heads Starbucks' Americas business, said he's confident the company put forth the best bid with its companion bidder to give shareholders the most value.
Dempsey said he's confident the court will decide that Global Baristas submitted "the highest and best bid."
AgriNurture, which also does business in the U. »
Similar News Items"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems (From BuddyTV. 30 October 2014, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 10/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 October 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- New Grey’s Anatomy Season 11,Episode 6 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Until Next Week (From OnTheFlix. 30 October 2014, 12:14 PM, PDT)
Patrick Dempsey (I)
- Poor Benedict Cumberbatch is just the latest ‘Doctor Strange’ casting rumor casualty (From Hitfix. 27 October 2014, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Series finale review: 'Boardwalk Empire' - 'Eldorado' (From Hitfix. 26 October 2014, 10:15 PM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Surprise Surprise, The Apprentice (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 October 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)