Rita Wilson, actress, producer, singer and Huff/Post50 editor-at-large, will be joining the cast of the HBO hit dramedy "Girls" in its second season, which premieres Sunday. She sat down with Huff/Post 50 to talk about her role as Marnie Michaels' mother in specific and the show in general.
Hp: Ok, it doesn't get much hotter than "Girls." This is a seriously Big Deal. There's just so much buzz about "Girls" being the cultural voice of 20-somethings. So, as everyone is anxiously awaiting the premiere of the second season, let's start with the juicy stuff. What can you tell us about your new character, Marnie's mom? Is Marnie anything like her?
Rita Wilson: Absolutely not! They couldn't be more different. Marnie is a very controlled person. Her mother is totally out of control -- very uninhibited -- and has reached the point in her life that she doesn't care what other people think! »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"Girls" (2012)
- Casting Society of America to Honor Rob Marshall, Ellen Lewis (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Casting Society of America to Honor Rob Marshall, Ellen Lewis (From Variety - Film News. 22 September 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- NBC's Peter Pan Live! Casts Broadway Actress Taylor Louderman as Wendy (From TVLine.com. 22 September 2014, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham producing HBO doc about Brooklyn tailor (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 September 2014, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Emma Watson isn't afraid of the 'F' word (From EW.com - PopWatch. 22 September 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- 5 Tips for Tina Fey on Becoming a Movie Star (From Vulture. 19 September 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
Larry David (I)
- Fresh from the Party: ‘Transparent’ Premiere Pics (From Hollywonk. 16 September 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- Jerry Seinfeld Reveals That Joan Rivers Was Going to Be a Guest on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee: 'She Was One of the Greats' (From E! Online. 15 September 2014, 7:57 PM, PDT)
- Golden Lion: ‘Pigeon’ Airs It Out in Venice, ‘Birdman’ Left Standing On a Branch Reflecting (From Thompson on Hollywood. 7 September 2014, 3:38 AM, PDT)