It was suggested shooting would begin later this year in Louisiana. Now, producer Carl Mazzacone and executive producer Mark Burg have said that there's no progress and Lerner was flat out wrong.
Burg says: "Millennium simply sold the foreign rights and they will not tell us when a sequel is ready to be made. The script was developed by Carl, myself and writer/director John Luessenhop. Millennium and about ten producers came aboard only when we needed their check. Maybe they’re looking for something to sell at Berlin, but they have no right to announce this sequel and if we make another it has to be as good or better than this one and that takes time."
Source: Deadline »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsTexas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
- ‘Inside’ Directors’ ‘Texas Chainsaw’-esque ‘Among The Living’ is Streaming on Shudder! (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 20 June 2017, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- ‘Among the Living’ Review (Shudder Exclusive) (From Blogomatic3000. 16 June 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- The Lifecycle of a Franchise: "Alien" and its Offspring (From MUBI. 22 May 2017, 9:47 PM, PDT)
Millennium Films [us]
- Cristal Pictures buys original pitch 'The Steward' (From ScreenDaily. 19 June 2017, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Ron Perlman and David Harbour agree to Hellboy armistice (From The AV Club. 6 June 2017, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: China’s Hishow Buys Gaumont’s ‘Gaston’ and ‘Christmas & Co.’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Music Legend Clive Davis to be Feted at Italy's Ischia Fest (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 14 June 2017, 11:34 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: ‘Hellboy’ Reboot Attracts Big Bids (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2017, 10:35 PM, PDT)
- Avi Lerner on Selling Half His Company, Moving to Las Vegas and Giving Stallone "a New Life" (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 May 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)