TMZ.com reports that Spears has chosen to quit as an "X Factor" judge so that she can spend more time on her own music. She is currently in the process of recording a new album -- her 8th -- so the timing of this decision does indeed make sense.
The decision to leave the Fox singing competition most likely would not be due to personal reasons. The source cited by TMZ says, "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato, but her thing is music." In addition to the album in-progress, Spears is apparently considering a new tour.
These rumors come only a day after the chairman of entertainment at Fox, Kevin Reilly, praised Spears to reporters »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Mandela tweets and Jimmy Savile jokes … has comedy crossed the line? (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2013, 4:32 AM, PST)
- Simon Cowell regrets failing to get Spice Girls to join his record label (From RealBollywood. 11 December 2013, 1:27 AM, PST)
- Jay Leno gifts 'mini-me' outfit to Simon Cowell for unborn baby boy (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 11:41 PM, PST)
- Best of 2013: Who Is Your Favorite New Couple of the Year? (From Popsugar. 11 December 2013, 1:49 AM, PST)
- Britney Spears regrets TV show with K-Fed, but not dating Justin Timberlake (From RealBollywood. 10 December 2013, 11:17 PM, PST)
- Britney Spears smells trouble in her new video for 'Perfume' (From Hitfix. 10 December 2013, 2:43 PM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/10/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 December 2013, 5:54 PM, PST)
- Demi Lovato Reveals: I Would 'Smuggle' Cocaine On Planes (Exclusive) (From Access Hollywood. 10 December 2013, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Demi Lovato on Past Drug Use: I Couldn't Go More Than an Hour Without Cocaine, Would Smuggle It on Airplanes (From Us Weekly. 10 December 2013, 11:25 AM, PST)