TMZ.com reports that Spears has chosen to quit as an "X Factor" judge so that she can spend more time on her own music. She is currently in the process of recording a new album -- her 8th -- so the timing of this decision does indeed make sense.
The decision to leave the Fox singing competition most likely would not be due to personal reasons. The source cited by TMZ says, "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato, but her thing is music." In addition to the album in-progress, Spears is apparently considering a new tour.
These rumors come only a day after the chairman of entertainment at Fox, Kevin Reilly, praised Spears to reporters »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Dave Grohl Takes Dig at ‘Song Contests’ During HBO's ‘Sonic Highways’ Panel (From The Wrap. 10 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Press Tour: Dave Grohl writes love letter to America in HBO's 'Sonic Highways' (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- Fox announces fall premiere dates for 'Gotham,' 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' & more (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Britney Isn't Too Concerned About That Auto-Tune Controversy (From Popsugar. 12 July 2014, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Boyhood’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 12 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Does Brunch With Sons Sean and Jayden—See the Sweet Pic (From E! Online. 11 July 2014, 5:25 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Surprise! Cheryl Cole Marries Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini—See Her Massive Diamond Ring! (From E! Online. 14 July 2014, 4:32 AM, PDT)
- Cheryl Cole Wedding 2014 - Did She Marry Boyfriend Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini? (From National Ledger. 13 July 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 7/13/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 13 July 2014, 3:19 PM, PDT)