TMZ.com reports that Spears has chosen to quit as an "X Factor" judge so that she can spend more time on her own music. She is currently in the process of recording a new album -- her 8th -- so the timing of this decision does indeed make sense.
The decision to leave the Fox singing competition most likely would not be due to personal reasons. The source cited by TMZ says, "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato, but her thing is music." In addition to the album in-progress, Spears is apparently considering a new tour.
These rumors come only a day after the chairman of entertainment at Fox, Kevin Reilly, praised Spears to reporters »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- X Factor's new Jedward: Did you love or loathe Blonde Electric? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 August 2014, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- The new X Factor judges for 2014: What's the snap verdict? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 August 2014, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Watch the Titillating Trailer for Season 5 of Downton Abbey (From Vulture. 30 August 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Britney Spears Break Up Details - Dumps Boyfriend David Lucado (From National Ledger. 30 August 2014, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears -- Ex-bf David Lucado Banned From Contacting Her (From TMZ. 30 August 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears' Breakup -- Boyfriend Breaks Gold Digging Rules (From TMZ. 29 August 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Dermot O'Leary feels under 'pressure' (From Virgin Media - TV. 31 August 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 8/30/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 August 2014, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- X Factor first review: Cowell brings back sparkle, but not the talent (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 August 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)