TMZ.com reports that Spears has chosen to quit as an "X Factor" judge so that she can spend more time on her own music. She is currently in the process of recording a new album -- her 8th -- so the timing of this decision does indeed make sense.
The decision to leave the Fox singing competition most likely would not be due to personal reasons. The source cited by TMZ says, "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato, but her thing is music." In addition to the album in-progress, Spears is apparently considering a new tour.
These rumors come only a day after the chairman of entertainment at Fox, Kevin Reilly, praised Spears to reporters »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- The X Factor: Season Three Ratings (Weds) (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- 'The X Factor': Jeff Gutt and Kelly Rowland on the emotional 'Hallelujah' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 12 December 2013, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Kelly Clarkson Vs. Carrie Underwood: Who Sang ‘My Favorite Things’ Better? (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 11:13 AM, PST)
- Kanye realizes Kim is actually a Hobbit in 'South Park's' incredible 'Bound 2' parody (From Hitfix. 12 December 2013, 4:40 PM, PST)
- TMZ Live: Khloe Kardashian -- Finally Done with Lamar (From TMZ. 12 December 2013, 9:45 AM, PST)
- 13 Things That Should Have Sucked In 2013 But Didn’t (From TheFabLife - Movies. 12 December 2013, 7:00 AM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Leona Lewis: Christmas, With Love – review (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 December 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- Fox 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/12/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Wednesday Ratings: Nashville, X Factor, Sing-Off, Arrow, Survivor, Back in the Game (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 December 2013, 1:07 PM, PST)