TMZ.com reports that Spears has chosen to quit as an "X Factor" judge so that she can spend more time on her own music. She is currently in the process of recording a new album -- her 8th -- so the timing of this decision does indeed make sense.
The decision to leave the Fox singing competition most likely would not be due to personal reasons. The source cited by TMZ says, "Britney loves Simon, she likes Demi Lovato, but her thing is music." In addition to the album in-progress, Spears is apparently considering a new tour.
These rumors come only a day after the chairman of entertainment at Fox, Kevin Reilly, praised Spears to reporters »
Similar News ItemsBritney Spears
- Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling Had a Mini-'Mickey Mouse Club' Reunion at the Oscars! See the Pics (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 February 2017, 12:59 PM, PST)
- Sunday's best TV: Rivers with Jeremy Paxman; SS-gb; the Oscars (From The Guardian - TV News. 25 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Jamie Lynn Spears' Daughter Maddie Aldrige Is ''Fully Recovered'' and Back to ''Normal Activities'' Three Weeks After Atv Accident (From E! Online. 25 February 2017, 1:40 PM, PST)
Simon Cowell (I)
- Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon: Season Four Still Up in the Air (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 February 2017, 6:15 PM, PST)
- Ryan Seacrest Reveals Whether or Not He's Teaming Up With Simon Cowell Again: 'He's a Lot of Fun to Work With' (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 February 2017, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell, Together Again on 'Agt'? (Video) (From TMZ. 14 February 2017, 3:37 PM, PST)
"The X Factor" (2004)
- Cheryl Cole Goes Public With Her Pregnancy, Debuts Baby Bump in Tight Black Dress (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 February 2017, 8:33 PM, PST)
- Cheryl Officially Announces Pregnancy with Stunning Maternity Shoot (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2017, 5:06 PM, PST)
- Camila Cabello Says She Hasn’t Talked to Fifth Harmony Bandmates Since Departure: ‘It Makes Me Sad’ (From PEOPLE.com. 16 February 2017, 11:00 AM, PST)