When we’re watching an awesome action movie, often the action is so exciting that we either can’t or won’t stop to think about the actual consequences of all that property destruction and mass murder. Of course, these sorts of movies are supposed to primarily be regarded as entertainment, apparently justifying the flippant regard to any exterior consequences of an awesome explosion or kick-ass shoot-out However, when you’ve seen a film enough times, it’s hard not to start thinking about it on a deeper level, be it the film’s philosophical content, or the sheer amount filmmakers can actually get away with by using some heroic bloodshed to pull the wool over our eyes; behind each of these excellent set-ups is a lot more suffering and tragedy than we would care to admit.
Here are 10 awesome movie moments with disastrous off-screen consequences.
10. Death Proof – Lee And »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsMary Elizabeth Winstead
- Review: 'The End of the Tour' sees Jason Segel do right by David Foster Wallace (From Hitfix. 24 January 2015, 1:36 AM, PST)
- Film Feature: Preview of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 18 January 2015, 8:06 PM, PST)
- First teaser and images for The Returned starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead (From Flickeringmyth. 17 January 2015, 12:57 AM, PST)
Kurt Russell (I)
- Quentin Tarantino Adds Three To The Hateful Eight (From EmpireOnline. 25 January 2015, 7:48 PM, PST)
- Tarantino Counts On "The Hateful Eight" (From SneakPeek. 24 January 2015, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino's western Hateful Eight announces 3 new cast members (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 January 2015, 10:25 AM, PST)
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- Film Casting: 2:22, Pali Road, Emma Watson in Beauty And The Beast (From Film-Book. 26 January 2015, 3:38 PM, PST)
- 60 Movie Sword Fights Featured in Video Montage (From GeekTyrant. 26 January 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight: 10 Things You Need To Know (From Obsessed with Film. 26 January 2015, 5:37 AM, PST)