When we’re watching an awesome action movie, often the action is so exciting that we either can’t or won’t stop to think about the actual consequences of all that property destruction and mass murder. Of course, these sorts of movies are supposed to primarily be regarded as entertainment, apparently justifying the flippant regard to any exterior consequences of an awesome explosion or kick-ass shoot-out However, when you’ve seen a film enough times, it’s hard not to start thinking about it on a deeper level, be it the film’s philosophical content, or the sheer amount filmmakers can actually get away with by using some heroic bloodshed to pull the wool over our eyes; behind each of these excellent set-ups is a lot more suffering and tragedy than we would care to admit.
Here are 10 awesome movie moments with disastrous off-screen consequences.
10. Death Proof – Lee And »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsMary Elizabeth Winstead
- Great Trailer for Coming of Age Film The Spectacular Now (From GeekTyrant. 19 June 2013, 6:10 PM, PDT)
- The Spectacular Now Trailer: 500 Days of Sutter (From Vulture. 19 June 2013, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- The Spectacular Now Trailer: Shailene Woodley Is Miles Teller's Rebound (From BuzzSugar. 19 June 2013, 10:42 AM, PDT)
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- Mary Jane Nixed from 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' (From NextMovie. 19 June 2013, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- 8 People Who Look Like Rick Rubin (From Huffington Post. 17 June 2013, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Ratings: True Blood Premiere Dips Opposite NBA Finals, Miss USA Hits a Low (From TVLine.com. 17 June 2013, 12:33 PM, PDT)
Kurt Russell (I)
- Indiegogo moves Chuck forward (From ScreenDaily. 13 June 2013, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- Heres a New Trailer Poster and a Release Date for Stranded (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 11 June 2013, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Watch: One-Hour Doc Follows John Carpenter's Prolific Horror Career (From FirstShowing.net. 6 June 2013, 10:51 AM, PDT)