Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Tracy Morgan Wonders How "I'm Going to Be Funny Again," Wants to Make His Fans Laugh Soon—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 1 June 2015, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Tracy Morgan: "I Wonder How I'm Going to Be Funny Again" (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 June 2015, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- The petition we need: Allison Janney for 'SNL' host (From Hitfix. 1 June 2015, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer and Tina Fey Made Out for Feminism (From Vulture. 1 June 2015, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Tina Fey and Amy Schumer Heat Up the Peabody Awards by Making Out on Stage (From Popsugar. 1 June 2015, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Tearful Tracy Morgan Breaks Silence on Fatal Crash (From Variety - TV News. 1 June 2015, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- News Nuggets: 11 burning questions about summer TV ('True Detective,' 'Scream,' 'Wet Hot American Summer') (From Gold Derby. 1 June 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Tina Fey Has an "Awkward, Staged Lesbian Kiss" With Amy Schumer, Wants to "Feed Off Her Youth" à la Madonna! (From E! Online. 1 June 2015, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Tina Fey, Amy Schumer Make Out at Peabody Awards: Pics (From Us Weekly. 1 June 2015, 2:48 AM, PDT)