Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Disney, Cable Companies Strike Retrans Deal for ABC-Owned Stations (From The Wrap. 22 December 2014, 1:53 PM, PST)
- Olivia Wilde's Post-Baby Bikini Body Is Seriously Out of Control—See for Yourself! (From E! Online. 22 December 2014, 1:38 PM, PST)
- Josh Brolin and Reese Witherspoon featured in new Inherent Vice posters, plus two new clips (From Flickeringmyth. 22 December 2014, 1:32 PM, PST)
- 23 Movies We Can't Wait to See in 2015 (From BuzzSugar. 19 December 2014, 5:48 PM, PST)
- First Look: Mark Wahlberg Gets Wet in ‘Ted 2′; Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Hang Out in ‘Sisters’ (From Slash Film. 19 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Five Burning Business Questions for the New Stephen Colbert (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:17 PM, PST)
- First Look at Sisters Comedy, Re-Teaming Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (From Worst Previews. 21 December 2014, 4:01 AM, PST)
- 5 Best 'SNL' Sketches Mocking North Korea (From The Hollywood Reporter. 20 December 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Trailer Park: Get Hard in the Hot Tub with Mad Max (From Blogomatic3000. 20 December 2014, 8:24 AM, PST)