Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Greg Poehler on Welcome to Sweden, Dirty Lobsters, and His Big Sister Amy (From Vulture. 9 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Spwa Acquires ‘The Bronze’ (From Deadline New York. 9 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Big Bang Theory's Melissa Rauch to star in new comedy movie The Bronze (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 July 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- My First Emmys: Check Out Old-School Pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker, George Clooney and More! (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Our Editors' Emmy predictions slugfest: Guest acting races (new video)' (From Gold Derby. 7 July 2014, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- My 2014 Emmy pipe dream: 5 long-shot Comedy nominations that should happen (From SoundOnSight. 9 July 2014, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- Senatorial Candidate for Human-Dog Marriage (From The Backlot. 9 July 2014, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Meet Amy Poehler's Brother and His New Show (From Popsugar. 8 July 2014, 6:45 PM, PDT)