Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 15 Things We Learned At the Fox TCA: Scoop on 'Gotham,' 'The Simpsons,' and More (From Moviefone. 21 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West Is a Blowfish, Not a Shark (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 July 2014, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- First Still From Judd Apatow’s ‘Trainwreck’ Starring Amy Schumer & Bill Hader (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival unveils first wave of films for 2014 (From Cineplex. 22 July 2014, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival Announces First Wave of Premieres and Galas (From Comingsoon.net. 22 July 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced -- Breaking (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 22 July 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- The 11 Most Insane Lyrics From the Tonya Harding Musical (Yes, There Is a Tonya Harding Musical) (From E! Online. 21 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Mindy Kaling Dishes on What's in Store For Mindy and Danny (From BuzzSugar. 20 July 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- TCA Awards 2014: Good Wife, Oitnb, True Detective, Veep, Breaking Bad, RuPaul Among Winners (From TVLine.com. 19 July 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)