Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 8 Awesome Quotes from RuPaul's Reddit Ama Session (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Wiig Blows Your Mind as a 'W' Cover Model (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- J.C. Chandor Pic ‘A Most Violent Year’ Gets New Year’s Eve Release: Video (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 10:24 AM, PDT)
- 'Maze Runner' on Track for Big First Place Debut (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 18 September 2014, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Box office preview: 'Maze Runner' teens prepare to battle Liam Neeson (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 September 2014, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Box Office Preview: ‘Maze Runner’ To Put ‘Tombstones’ In Ground; ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Debuts (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Tina Fey’s Description of SNL Kids’ Playdate Will Destroy You (From Vulture. 18 September 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- They Came Together Blu-ray Review (From Collider.com. 18 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Darrell Hammond Succeeding Don Pardo as ‘SNL’ Announcer (From The Wrap. 18 September 2014, 5:43 AM, PDT)