Thanks to "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock," Tina Fey has considerable experience in the art of worldly caricature acting, and it looks like she'll be suiting up in the old garb of Mother Russia's finest prison guards next for "The Muppets 2."
While story details are scant at best, the flick is expected to take the wily furballs on a European caper adventure with Fey's human character foiling their good will as some sort of "Russian gulag prison guard."
Cue all the cheap "In Soviet Russia" memes.
Rumor has it (via Slashfilm), the theatrical title for this "Muppets" sequel might be simply "The Muppets ... again," which doesn't particularly indicate an international heist adventure, but with Burrell's character long deigned some sort of slacker »
- Amanda Bell
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Watch: Scarlett Johansson Finds Love In 'SNL' Parody Trailer 'Black Widow: Age Of Me' (From The Playlist. 4 May 2015, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for Marvel's Black Widow Film is Here! (From Worst Previews. 4 May 2015, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- 'Last Man on Earth' Finale: Will Forte explains that last shot and the season's learning curve (From Hitfix. 3 May 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: First Look at David Letterman’s Retrospective Farewell Special (From Variety - TV News. 1 May 2015, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- President Obama to Visit 'Late Show with David Letterman' One Last Time (From Moviefone. 1 May 2015, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson Tries to Trick Jimmy Fallon While Playing ''Box of Lies'' on the Tonight Show—Watch the Video! (From E! Online. 1 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Best Picture Nominee Co-Star Timberlake on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 7:34 PM, PDT)
- Can Hulu Catch Up to Netflix and Amazon Prime? (From Moviefone. 1 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Is There Room for Women of Color In TV Comedy? (From Indiewire Television. 30 April 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)