The stars of the upcoming Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma talk about being paired with each other for the first time, what it was like working with director Vishal Bhardwaj, and any potential controversies the film may bring.
How did you land up with the role of Matru?
Imran Khan: Vishal actually called me after Delhi Belly and said that he loved the film and my performance in it. He expressed an interest in meeting me. I thought it must be one of those courtesy calls and moved on with my life. Why would Vishal Bhardwaj want to work with me, I thought. I was later stunned that Vishal actually wanted to work with me. I heard the script, I cried, I laughed, I did everything. I was like, it’s awesome. But I was not sure if I would be able to do that role. »
Similar News ItemsImran Khan (II)
- “I’m pretty famous for my Bolognese lasagna” reveals Imran Khan (From BollywoodHungama. 9 April 2017, 10:51 PM, PDT)
- Check out: Aamir Khan cuts his birthday cake with son Azad and Imran Khan’s daughter Imara (From BollywoodHungama. 17 March 2017, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- Imran Khan to turn director? (From BollywoodHungama. 23 January 2017, 3:21 AM, PST)
- Anushka Sharma spends time with the ones she love – animals and she is loving it! (From BollywoodHungama. 26 April 2017, 9:04 PM, PDT)
- Here’s what Anushka Sharma told Virat Kohli about his beard (From BollywoodHungama. 24 April 2017, 4:38 AM, PDT)
- Anushka Sharma urges everyone to help the birds this summer (From BollywoodHungama. 17 April 2017, 7:27 AM, PDT)
Vishal Bhardwaj (I)
- Piku duo Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan to reunite for Vishal Bhardwaj’s film (From BollywoodHungama. 20 April 2017, 10:26 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: Rangoon week 3 collections (From BollywoodHungama. 18 March 2017, 9:49 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: Understanding the economics of Rangoon and the mammoth losses that Viacom 18 will incur (From BollywoodHungama. 14 March 2017, 7:32 PM, PDT)