M. Night Shyamalan has become such a laughingstock in many moviegoers’ eyes that his name gets left out of previews for his own movies now (see: the After Earth Trailer). However, as illustrated by the 2010 suspense/horror film Devil – which Shyamalan produced and wrote the screen story for – he remains a capable storyteller, especially while collaborating with others to craft entertainment with a deeper artistic significance.
That’s exactly what Shyamalan is doing with After Earth, in addition to developing sci-fi television projects for networks like SyFy (Proof) and NBC (Lost Horizon). We can add one more entry to the roster of developing small screen ventures from the filmmaker, with the announcement that Fox has inked a deal for his Wayward Pines adaptation.
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsM. Night Shyamalan
- ‘Get Out’ Races to $10.8 Million Lead at Friday Box Office (From The Wrap. 25 February 2017, 7:17 AM, PST)
- Box Office: Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ to Bring in Sizable $28 Million on Opening Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2017, 1:38 PM, PST)
- Box Office: Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Scares Up $1.8 Million on Thursday (From Variety - Film News. 24 February 2017, 6:55 AM, PST)
"Twin Peaks" (1990)
- Twin Peaks: Showtime Releases New Key Art for Revival Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 February 2017, 8:09 PM, PST)
- Showtime Marks Twin Peaks Day With New Posters (From We Got This Covered. 24 February 2017, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Showtime celebrates Twin Peaks Day with Agent Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer posters (From Flickeringmyth. 24 February 2017, 11:51 AM, PST)
After Earth (2013)
- The Mission Comes Home: Rogue One Blu-Ray/Digital Arrives This Spring (From Cinelinx. 22 February 2017, 1:11 PM, PST)
- Bron Studios ramps up La office with key hires (From ScreenDaily. 15 February 2017, 10:32 AM, PST)
- Shyamalan Reveals Split 2 Character and Story Details (From MovieWeb. 6 February 2017, 4:28 PM, PST)