Yesterday was a red-letter day in my mailbox. Next to an invite from American Express and a copy of Leslie Feinberg's Drag King Dreams (ordered from swapabook.com) lay a Netflix red-and-white envelope that I quickly ripped open. Inside: The Avengers DVD that I had forgotten I'd requested.
Eureka! My evening had unexpectedly become free an hour before, and here was a cinematic event I had missed out on. What true joy! From what I had heard, on this 4-1/2-inch silver platter was imprinted the Super Heroes event of the decade. Well, at least the best one not helmed by Christopher Nolan. After all, it had a 92% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, beating out Fellini's Amacord by two points and Pasolini's Teorema by six.
I immediately elevatored upstairs, then prepared a major salad and a huge Teeccino. Settling in front of my 24-inch Mac along with my edibles, I inserted the disc, »
- Brandon Judell
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Fantastic Four Teasers Have All That Power; The Thing Suffers A Horrific Loss In New Poster (From We Got This Covered. 29 June 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige Says 'Spider-Man 2' Is "One Of The Best Superhero Movies Ever," Talks John Hughes Influence On New Spidey (From The Playlist. 29 June 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- The Five Best Film Franchises (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2015, 1:55 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- 'Terminator Genisys' Review: Arnold's Back, But Does It Matter? (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige on Black Panther’s role in Captain America: Civil War (From Flickeringmyth. 30 June 2015, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Fan-art: The Fight For 'Spider-Man' Begins In Captain America: Civil War Poster (From ComicBookMovie. 30 June 2015, 6:16 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening of Marvel’S Ant-man in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 June 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Sony Slates 'I Saw the Light' for Awards Slot, Tom Hiddleston Looking for First Nom (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 June 2015, 3:38 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Says the New Spider-Man Will Be a ‘John Hughes Movie,’ So We Imagined Just What That Would Look Like (From Vulture. 29 June 2015, 10:38 AM, PDT)