Former stunt co-oridinator-turned-director David R. Ellis has been found dead in South Africa while prepping production on his latest project Kite – an action thriller based on the same-titled Japanese anime and set to star Samuel L. Jackson. There is no word yet on his cause of death but it was said to be ‘sudden’ and unexpected.
Ellis began his film career in the 1970s, working on the likes of Smokey & The Bandit, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, Sharky’S Machine and William Friedkin’s classic, modern noir, To Live & Die In L.A. Countless others include Scarface, Lethal Weapon, Roadhouse and Patriot Games, before making his directorial debut with 1996s Homeward Bound 2 and then moving on to fun horror sequel Final Destination 2, seven years later.
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- King Kong gets a super-sized Kong: Skull Island Pop! Vinyl figure from Funko (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Miss Peregrine’S Home For Peculiar Children Home Media Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 2 December 2016, 3:28 PM, PST)
- Now Casting: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Open Call and Other Jobs (From Backstage. 2 December 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Boston Strangler (From Trailers from Hell. 26 November 2016, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Michael Shannon Gives Career-Spanning Interview on ‘Wtf with Marc Maron’ — Listen (From Indiewire. 23 November 2016, 10:30 AM, PST)
- November 22nd Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Return Of The Living Dead 3, Rabid, C.H.U.D. (From DailyDead. 21 November 2016, 6:39 PM, PST)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
- Fall TV Ranked Best to Worst: Updated Grades For ‘This Is Us,’ ‘Pitch’ and More (From Indiewire Television. 22 November 2016, 11:06 AM, PST)
- Fall TV Ranked Best to Worst: Updated Grades For ‘This Is Us,’ ‘Pitch’ and More (From Indiewire. 22 November 2016, 11:06 AM, PST)
- Gary Busey on Making His Professional Stage Debut at Age 72 (Q&A) (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 22 November 2016, 5:30 AM, PST)