In some unexpected and sad news, film director David R. Ellis has died. He was 60 years old.
Ellis' body was found in his hotel room in Johannesburg, South Africa, and cause of death is unknown at this time. Ellis was in pre-production on a remake of the 1998 Japanese anime "Kite" that Samuel L. Jackson is attached to.
Ellis began his career doing stunts in the likes of "Smokey and the Bandit," "Scarface," "Lethal Weapon," and "Fatal Attraction." He moved onto second unit directing on the likes of "Patriot Games," "Clear and Present Danger," "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World," "The Perfect Storm," "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" and "The Matrix Reloaded" before trying his hand at full-time directing.
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- Quentin Tarantino Adds Three To The Hateful Eight (From EmpireOnline. 25 January 2015, 9:48 AM, PST)
- What I Watched, What You Watched #281 (From Rope Of Silicon. 25 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Thanks for Noticing, Golden Guy: Top Ten Oscar-Nominated Actor Acknowledgements (From SoundOnSight. 25 January 2015, 1:16 AM, PST)
Final Destination (2000)
- 11 stars of classic '90s teen movies: Where are they now? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 January 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- The Blob Remake Moving Forward, Simon West to Direct (From DailyDead. 22 January 2015, 7:19 AM, PST)
- Indie Spotlight: Tales of Poe, Ninjas vs Monsters, Zombie With a Shotgun (From DailyDead. 18 January 2015, 11:56 AM, PST)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Mad Max: Fury Road (From Obsessed with Film. 30 December 2014, 6:46 AM, PST)
- The Nostalgia Files: ‘Scrooged’ (1988) (From SoundOnSight. 24 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Five Fun Facts About "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" (From TooFab. 24 December 2014, 7:15 AM, PST)