Born in Hollywood, Ellis began working in the film industry as a stuntman in his late teens. He was promoted as stunt coordinator in the 1981 and worked on over 70 films in a 20-year span, including Scarface, Lethal Weapon, and Fatal Attraction.
After working his way up to becoming an assistant director, Ellis then directed his first film in 1996 with Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco.
Growing up in the water as a junior pro surfer, his most recent project was the underwater horror film Shark Night. Amongst a slew of his upcoming unreleased thriller films, Ellis directed »
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- Emily VanCamp Was "Very Intimidated" Working On Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From ComicBookMovie. 19 June 2013, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Anthony Mackie: 'My role is so fun' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 June 2013, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Mackie on The Falcon in Captain America 2 (From GeekTyrant. 18 June 2013, 1:39 PM, PDT)
Final Destination (2000)
- Marvel Taps Iron Man 3 Composer Brian Tyler To Score Thor: The Dark World (From ComicBookMovie. 18 June 2013, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Nick Zano Comedy Produced By Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin Sold To Warner Bros TV (From Deadline TV. 17 June 2013, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Ty Drago's The Undertakers Being Adapted for the Big Screen by Jeffrey Reddick (From Dread Central. 12 June 2013, 4:54 PM, PDT)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
- James Franco: 'I don't think Man of Steel's Henry Cavill liked me' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 June 2013, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Jumping Off Point: Stephen Goldblatt talks about the Lethal Weapon franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 19 June 2013, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: '20 Feet From Stardom' Singer Darlene Love Steps to the Front on 'Late Show with David Letterman' (From Indiewire. 14 June 2013, 12:15 PM, PDT)