Pasadena, Calif. — Three years after an extortion scandal that led him to bare his infidelities, David Letterman said he sees a psychiatrist once a week to try to be the person that he believed he was.
The late-night talk show host gave an extraordinary interview to Oprah Winfrey in which he talked about his feud with her and Jay Leno, and about his efforts to make amends for his affairs with "Late Show" staff members that became public in 2009.
"For a long time I thought I was a decent guy," Letterman said. "But yet, thinking I was a decent guy, I was still capable of behavior that wasn't coincidental to leading a decent life. That's what I'm working on. I want to really be the person I believe that I was. I wanna be a good person."
The interview aired Sunday on Winfrey's Own network and will be repeated Jan. »
Similar News ItemsOprah Winfrey
- TWC's Coming Attractions: Oscar 2014 Watch (From Alt Film Guide. 20 May 2013, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Top 50 Richest Celebrities, Which Actress is Richer Than Oprah? (From Worst Previews. 17 May 2013, 4:08 AM, PDT)
- Zach Braff Kickstarter controversy deepens after financier bolsters budget (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 May 2013, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Mitt Romney and Candice Glover interviews from Leno (Videos) (From Monsters and Critics. 20 May 2013, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Quotables: Adam Sandler Tells You the Most Horrible Poop Story You'll Hear All Day (From TooFab. 18 May 2013, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Singer Featured On Gay Anthem 'Same Love' Opens Up (From Huffington Post. 18 May 2013, 10:49 AM, PDT)
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Did 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' make O.J. Simpson snap? (From RealBollywood. 19 May 2013, 5:16 AM, PDT)
- Rock And Roll Hall of Fame answers one great mystery of rock music: When did Rush get so cool? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Afternoon Delight: Katee Sackhoff's big guns in the "Riddick" trailer, Covergirl announces "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" collection (From AfterEllen.com. 17 May 2013, 2:43 PM, PDT)