Howser, who was 67 when he passed, was a beloved TV personality who explored and showcased California's history, traditions and communities. He had several California-centric shows throughout his decades-long career, but is best known for "California's Gold," produced at Kcet studios in Los Angeles, Calif.
A spokesperson from Kcet confirmed to The Huffington Post that Huell died of natural causes, and that his death caught many at the studio by surprise. Kcet nightly news show SoCal Connected plans to honor Howser with a special segment during Monday's broadcast (on at 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Pst). The studio will also create a site for fans to share memories of Howser. To stay informed about the online memorial, check out kcet.org.
Oc Weekly first reported Howser's death. His assistant Ryan Morris confirmed »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsHuell Howser
- L.A. Pubcaster Kcet Sets Huell Howser Marathon (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2013, 12:16 PM, PST)
- Watch: Dolly Parton Shows Off Her NYC Apartment In 1980 (From Huffington Post. 4 August 2013, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Huell Howser's Cause Of Death Revealed (From Huffington Post. 15 January 2013, 9:36 PM, PST)
"California's Gold" (1991)
- Calif. Couple Discover $10 Mil in Gold While Walking Their Dog (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)
- Huell Howser -- $395K Bachelor Pad Hits Market ... And It Is Magical! (From TMZ. 12 February 2014, 3:40 PM, PST)
- Saying Goodbye To 'A Great Californian And A Great Angeleno' (From Huffington Post. 16 January 2013, 9:16 AM, PST)