There's been an odd perception shift over the directing job for "Star Wars: Episode VII." At first, the gig seemed like any filmmakers dream. "Star Wars" birthed a generation of directors. Everyone working in Hollywood would probably kill to take a crack at that bad boy. Right?
So we eagerly waited for a director to come forward, and as we did, bigger and bigger names took their hat out of the ring. Well, of course Joss Whedon can't director. He's a little busy. They'll find someone else easily. Right?
But then people started coming out of the woodwork announcing that they straight-up turned Lucasfilm in Disney down. J.J. Abrams couldn't bring himself to do it. Brad Bird reportedly chose his mysterious "1952" over it, and now Guillermo del Toro tells The Playlist that he is just too busy.
Read more after the jump!
Though it was not an outright offer, according to del Toro, »
- Kevin P. Sullivan
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales is coming to Disney Xd (From Den of Geek. 2 March 2015, 1:04 AM, PST)
- Where You Can See Eddie Redmayne and More Oscar Winners Next (From BuzzSugar. 1 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Indie Spotlight: The Void, Hayride 2, Paralysis (From DailyDead. 1 March 2015, 10:55 AM, PST)
- James Franco in talks to star in Fox comedy Why Him? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 February 2015, 11:55 AM, PST)
- 'Star Wars 7' Flashback and Luke's Role Revealed? (From MovieWeb. 28 February 2015, 11:10 AM, PST)
- President Obama, J.J. Abrams, Zachary Quinto Pay Tribute to Leonard Nimoy (From Rolling Stone. 28 February 2015, 8:26 AM, PST)
- Once Upon A Time season 4 episode 13 review: Darkness On The Edge Of Town (From Den of Geek. 2 March 2015, 12:44 AM, PST)
- "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" - New Images (From SneakPeek. 1 March 2015, 9:35 AM, PST)
- Complete Angel reviews: Hero (From Shadowlocked. 1 March 2015, 8:37 AM, PST)