Chances are you haven’t heard of James Mulholland. But you will. Oh, you will. The young Irish director was nominated for ‘Best Newcomer’ at the 2011 Underground Film Festival for his short drama ‘What If?’. This writer was made aware of Mr. Mulholland through Roger Deakins’ personal forum (if you haven’t been on it yet, it’s awesome), and was suitably impressed by his emotional short ‘My Father’s Son’. Produced through his company Cedarwood Park Productions, Mulholland’s work is sophisticated, raw and complex- and definitely worth a watch.
Currently working on the webseries Elite as well as a swarm of other exciting projects, I approached the talented filmmaker for a bit of a chat on his work past and present, his directing methods, and his thoughts on cinema in general.
Identify yourself to the readership, Mr. Mulholland- who are you, where do you come from and what do you do? »
- Oscar Harding
Similar News ItemsRidley Scott
- Explore the world of Blade Runner 2049 with new featurette (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg + Michelle Williams Lead Upcoming ‘All the Money in the World’ (From Backstage. 20 September 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- 2018 Best Director Oscars Predictions (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Stranger Things Isn't the Only Great Thing Coming to Netflix in October (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 20 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Here's what's coming to (and leaving from) Netflix in October (From The AV Club. 20 September 2017, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Annette Bening to Get BAFTA Career Retrospective (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 September 2017, 3:06 AM, PDT)
The Social Network (2010)
- Queen’s Live Aid performance recreated in Bohemian Rhapsody set photos and video (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- The Method To The Madness Of ‘Mother!’s Box Office Marketing (From Deadline. 14 September 2017, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- You've Seen Armie Hammer Many Times Before, but Call Me by Your Name Is His Best Work So Far (From BuzzSugar. 13 September 2017, 4:46 PM, PDT)