Chances are you haven’t heard of James Mulholland. But you will. Oh, you will. The young Irish director was nominated for ‘Best Newcomer’ at the 2011 Underground Film Festival for his short drama ‘What If?’. This writer was made aware of Mr. Mulholland through Roger Deakins’ personal forum (if you haven’t been on it yet, it’s awesome), and was suitably impressed by his emotional short ‘My Father’s Son’. Produced through his company Cedarwood Park Productions, Mulholland’s work is sophisticated, raw and complex- and definitely worth a watch.
Currently working on the webseries Elite as well as a swarm of other exciting projects, I approached the talented filmmaker for a bit of a chat on his work past and present, his directing methods, and his thoughts on cinema in general.
Identify yourself to the readership, Mr. Mulholland- who are you, where do you come from and what do you do? »
- Oscar Harding
Similar News ItemsRidley Scott
- Horror Highlights: Morgan, The Dark Tapes, Deimosimine, Puff 2016 Lineup, Adam K (From DailyDead. 25 August 2016, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Jóhann Jóhannsson to score Blade Runner sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2016, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Morgan is feeling much better in latest trailer for the Luke Scott film (From JoBlo. 24 August 2016, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Random Roles: Clea DuVall on Can’t Hardly Wait, Buffy, and how cramps almost cost her Carnivàle (From The AV Club. 23 August 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The 21st Century’s 100 Greatest Films, According to Critics (From The Film Stage. 22 August 2016, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Takes on Agatha Christie's Witness for the Prosecution Remake (From MovieWeb. 19 August 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
The Social Network (2010)
- Mulholland Drive Tops BBC's 100 Best Movies of the 21st Century List (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- The 100 Greatest Films of the 21st Century: BBC Polls Critics From Around The Globe (From Indiewire. 23 August 2016, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- Mullholland Drive tops critics' list of best 21st century films (From Den of Geek. 23 August 2016, 2:33 AM, PDT)