Whether or not writer-director Fede Alvarez’s upcoming remake of Sam Raimi’s groundbreaking scare machine The Evil Dead is – as its poster boasts – “the most terrifying film you will ever experience”, I’ve little doubt, upon visiting the film’s set near Auckland, New Zealand , that Alvarez, his cast, and his crew are determined to return the Dead saga to its roots. For although Bruce Campbell’s Ash became an iconic figure of splatter comedy in the hilarious Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness, the series owes its initial success to the lean, low-budget 1981 original that took the fright business seriously.
Not that there isn’t some room for visual gags, as prosthetics designer Roger Murray explains when he gives me and my fellow gorehound journos a behind-the-scenes look at some of Evil Dead 2013’s effects.
“In one of our first meetings with Fede,” explains Murray, “one of »
- Joseph McCabe
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- Daily Dead & ScreenHits Present Evil Dead 2, Watch Online Now! (From DailyDead. 19 December 2014, 4:31 PM, PST)
- Marvel President Wanted To Burn The Amazing Spider-man 2's Script After Reading It (From ComicBookMovie. 19 December 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Bruce Campbell talks Sequel Series, Ash vs. Evil Dead (From shocktillyoudrop. 19 December 2014, 7:52 AM, PST)
- What are the Hollywood Film Awardsc (From Rope Of Silicon. 14 November 2014, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Lady in the Van first look (From ScreenDaily. 5 November 2014, 2:21 AM, PST)
- Set Photos of Punk-Rock Meryl Streep (From FilmExperience. 30 October 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- What The Hell Is This Secret J.J. Abrams Sci-Fi Project? (From Cinema Blend. 10 December 2014, 3:33 PM, PST)
- Sony acquires top secret J.J. Abrams sci-fi project (From Flickeringmyth. 10 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams Producing New Sci-fi Pic For Sony (From EmpireOnline. 9 December 2014, 4:43 PM, PST)