American Idol season 12 premieres Wednesday, Jan. 16, and though new judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj are said to have put their differences behind them, Carey still stands by her original statement that she had some fears after their heated argument this past October.
Following an altercation caught on camera, Carey, 42, released a statement to Barbara Walters that claimed Minaj was overheard saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot that b****." Minaj has since denied this accusation.
Related: Minaj's Side of the Story
Months later, the mother-of-twins recalls the feud to Walters in a Good Morning America interview, saying, "It felt like an unsafe work environment. Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate. I'm a professional. I'm not used to that type of environment."
Related: How Did Mariah's Husband Nick Cannon React to Fight?
Further explaining why she hired additional security, she tells Walters, "I just felt it was the appropriate thing to »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 7/28/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Reboot to Premiere October 20th on Fox (From DailyDead. 27 July 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- How American Idol's James Durbin Manages Life With Tourette's and Asperger's (From PEOPLE.com. 26 July 2016, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Nick Cannon Reacts to Mariah Carey's Complex Comments on Their Relationship: "It's the Best It Possibly Could Be" (From E! Online. 27 July 2016, 3:07 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey Reveals James Packer Was a ''Huge Fan'' Before They Ever Even Met: Why It Didn't Scare Her Off (From E! Online. 26 July 2016, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Perez Hilton Calls Demi Lovato “Petty,” Wrongfully Publishes Singer’s Private DMs (From GossipCop. 25 July 2016, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Meek Mill -- Strip Club Redemption ... Just Me and the Crew! (Video) (From TMZ. 28 July 2016, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- 2016 MTV Vma Nominations Led By Beyonce and Adele [Full List] (From Uinterview. 27 July 2016, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Why Taylor Swift's Claim of "Character Assassination" Is Valid but Hypocritical (From Popsugar. 24 July 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)