Sydney — They're starring in a play about a woman reluctant to age and the perils of passing time, but veteran actors James Earl Jones and Angela Lansbury say that life in their 80s continues to be exciting thanks to their determination to keep doing what they love.
Jones and Lansbury, in Australia to star in a touring production of Alfred Uhry's Pulitzer-Prize winning play "Driving Miss Daisy," say the thrill of performing has propelled them throughout their decades-long careers and gives them the energy necessary to keep up with their often grueling schedules.
"First of all, wake up. Wake up and try to get your bones moving," a grinning Jones, who turns 82 this month, said Monday ahead of the cast's first rehearsal. "And then be enthusiastic about what you do. I'm very enthusiastic about acting still. I love the process of creating a character."
For 87-year-old Lansbury, whose seven-decade career has spanned stage, »
Similar News ItemsMorgan Freeman (I)
- Transcendence Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2014, 10:13 PM, PDT)
- Idris Elba Will Train Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur (From Obsessed with Film. 21 July 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Transcendence,' 'Sabotage,' 'Ginger Snaps' (From Moviefone. 21 July 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
James Earl Jones
- Elizabeth Ashley, Byron Jennings Head To Broadway; Teens In Jail, Love, Lust Figure In New Plays From Lincoln Center, Signature (From Deadline New York. 10 July 2014, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- The Mockingjay Lives in New The Hunger Games 3 Viral Video (From Beyond Hollywood. 9 July 2014, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Rose Byrne Is Making Her Broadway Debut (From Vulture. 24 June 2014, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- TCM Remembers James Garner with All-Day Marathon on July 28 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 July 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Stage And Screen Legend Elaine Stritch Dies At 89 (From We Got This Covered. 17 July 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Elaine Stritch (1925-2014) (From FilmExperience. 17 July 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)